Powered by Outside

"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Why the f cant i upload a pic??

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Hi,
in addition to the expensive SB ONE, are there other Chain Tensioners?

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
Reverse have a collab version of the very first SB One model

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
Having problems with my Zee mech on my single speed setup.

The B tesion (I think it's the B screw) screw that holds my mech out keeps bending causing to chain to drop because the mech is not lined up.

Is everyone sill running the stock B tension screw and if so why's mine bending? (Currently using zip tie to space the mech out enough)

The photo is of my old bike but the setup is the same on my new frame and had the issue occur on both frames.
photo

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
I'd say your chain could be too short, looks pretty short in that pic an when you factor in the axle path lengthening the chain in travel could be theres too much stress on the mech causing the bending?

How do you mean "holding it out enough"? B tension adjusts top jockey wheel position

I'd try letting th air out the shock an pushing through the travel to see what's happening

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
chaser777 wrote:
my ss demo
photo
photo

Sick Bike!!!

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 5:16 Quote
chaser777 wrote:
my ss demo
photo
photo

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
chaser777 wrote:
my ss demo
photo
photo

works well without chain guide?

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
lona79 wrote:

works well without chain guide?
i'm just using narrowwide chainring

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
I'm looking for a brand who is making a chain tensioner similar to Pinion ks 1.2 .
Any advice?

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
chaser777 wrote:
my ss demo
photo
photo
Damm!
I need to SS my Demo asap.
How do you like the air shock vs coil?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 1:49 Quote
Anyone know a singlespeed kit for XD drive at a decent price?
Or does anyone know if I can convert a freehub XD drive to Shimano for DT Swiss 240 12x157 hub?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
Singlespeed downhillers ... that have ridden their rigs at Whistler ... what gearing did you use?

I feel like I spent most of my time probably in a 36-12 when I was there last year, so 36-13 should be ok, but I am open to others thoughts.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 21:35 Quote
@Iona79. I'm not sure if you can convert that DT hub, that would be something to check with DT about...but Problem Solvers makes a XD single speed converter...kinda odd, but I hear it works fine..

Also, you asked about other tensioners...I use the Rohloff DH tensioner. It works great and is crazy light. It doesn't have a clutch however so you will need to run a chainguide, and it doesn't have very much chainline adjustment so it may or may not work with your setup. It's signifigantly cheaper than the SB One at about $80

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.444415
Mobile Version of Website