Powered by Outside

2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
meSSican wrote:
Anyone run a CC DBCoil or Coil IL? Just sent in my X2 for warranty so was thinking of trying either one of those. Wondering how the IL coil would do.

I have rotated bikes a lot the last couple years and have to say the Troy has been one of my favorites of any travel. I decided to keep it as I rotate others in and out. Wanted to see how the X2 comes back from warranty so thininking of a coil or possibly a Kitsuma Air.

I just got/ installed a kitsuma coil yesterday to replace my broken x2. Hit some trails briefly yesterday and so far so good. Going to play with damping adjustments then test on some more demanding, rough trails with big hits then ill report back

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 13:23 Quote
Hello everyone - little late to the game here but I’ve got a 2021 Troy, looking to swap out the super deluxe air that came stock on it with a Superdeluxe Coil. Problems are that the coil has an eyelet at the top where the air had threads for the two big Devinci frame screws to screw into. Anyone have any advice on hardware to Mount this shock to a 21 Troy? I
Live very far from any competent LBS so hoping to figure this out with your help.
Thank you!
Dave

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 13:56 Quote
DAVIDW7hnqk wrote:
Hello everyone - little late to the game here but I’ve got a 2021 Troy, looking to swap out the super deluxe air that came stock on it with a Superdeluxe Coil. Problems are that the coil has an eyelet at the top where the air had threads for the two big Devinci frame screws to screw into. Anyone have any advice on hardware to Mount this shock to a 21 Troy? I
Live very far from any competent LBS so hoping to figure this out with your help.
Thank you!
Dave

Sounds like you didn’t buy a trunnion shock which is what the Troy needs.

Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
Haha yes. I figured it out last night- the shop I was looking at had the trunnion shock but not a pic of it on their site. So I thought that the eyelet was the only option and was a bit confused. Thanks for the reply.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
DAVIDW7hnqk wrote:
Haha yes. I figured it out last night- the shop I was looking at had the trunnion shock but not a pic of it on their site. So I thought that the eyelet was the only option and was a bit confused. Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome man. Heard good things about coils on that bike. I had a Rock Shox SDU on mine until I sold it. It was the 2023 air version but still good.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
Little refresh on the Troy for this season. I don't typically keep a bike for this long (3rd season), but no updated Troy this year so sticking with what I have (rumor has it 2024/25 we'll see an updated Troy). Basically a mini enduro bike now...

Fox 38, new wheels, XTR 12s drivetrain, 165 RF Era crank, pretty much everything replaced except the frame!

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 5:31 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Little refresh on the Troy for this season. I don't typically keep a bike for this long (3rd season), but no updated Troy this year so sticking with what I have (rumor has it 2024/25 we'll see an updated Troy). Basically a mini enduro bike now...

Fox 38, new wheels, XTR 12s drivetrain, 165 RF Era crank, pretty much everything replaced except the frame!

photo

photo

photo

photo

Sharp looking bike. What size fox 38 did you go with?

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2023 at 7:23 Quote
Thanks. I dropped the 38 to 160mm. Same as the 36 that I had on there. I think axle to crown is only a few mm's taller on the 38 so shouldn't change geometry much at all.

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 20:00 Quote
Does anyone know what dropper post length comes on the 2021 Troy GX bikes? It always surprises me how this information can be so hard to find!

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 5:57 Quote
eebsteez wrote:
Does anyone know what dropper post length comes on the 2021 Troy GX bikes? It always surprises me how this information can be so hard to find!

I think it depends on which model seatpost you received and when it was packaged. On my Medium, I received the SDG Tellis, but on their website, they list lengths for the Transfer and Reverb posts. And the lengths differ between the two brands depending on frame size. If you received the Transfer or Reverb, the lengths per frame size are listed in the geometry/size section at the bottom of the list at this link:

https://www.devinci.com/en/bikes-2021/mountain/troy-carb-xt12s-ltd-full-sand/

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 7:04 Quote
eebsteez wrote:

Pretty sure my large
21 Troy came with a 185mm Tellis.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 7:19 Quote
I think my Medium XT came with a 175mm SDG Tellis. During the pandemic, companies were substituting whatever parts they could get on builds. My Pivot, purchased in the same period, came with a 25mm shorter dropper than listed spec because that's all they could get.

For the question at hand, it is going to be hard to find a correct answer for a given model. For the 21 GX Troy frame, they list the TranzX dropper, so we have 4 different brands of possible dropper options used for one or two models of the same bike.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2023 at 21:30 Quote
Does the carbon Troy use a tube in tube system for cable routing?

O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 5:23 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:

No. Just entry and exit ports with cables running through the open frame. Comes with Jagwire foam tubing to prevent rattling.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 6:33 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

No. Just entry and exit ports with cables running through the open frame. Comes with Jagwire foam tubing to prevent rattling.

Bummer. Not quite a deal breaker, but for what carbon frames are going for, this needs to be standard IMO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030668
Mobile Version of Website