What bike is good for whistler

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike is good for whistler
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
the demo isnt even a dh bike. They dont feel that good to dh at all.

Wow... someone must've forgot to tell Sam Hill cause he was flying down Pietermaritzburg on a Demo.

Not to mention the specs of the frame were to his liking, He is paid to race on the bike he rides. The demo has never really been a DH bike and now that sam hill races one people believe it is.

man specialized knows whats up, with steve romaniuk its a freeride machine, best on earth. Now its a beastly DH race bike because sam hill rides it...

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Wow... someone must've forgot to tell Sam Hill cause he was flying down Pietermaritzburg on a Demo.

Not to mention the specs of the frame were to his liking, He is paid to race on the bike he rides. The demo has never really been a DH bike and now that sam hill races one people believe it is.

man specialized knows whats up, with steve romaniuk its a freeride machine, best on earth. Now its a beastly DH race bike because sam hill rides it...

I dont like Romaniuk, Yeah hes good BUT i personally think there are better freeriders than him, But by no means is he a bad rider. But in the FR world i think there are better riders.

And no Just because Sam hill rides it doesnt mean its a dh bike.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
fallen55 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

I dont like Romaniuk, Yeah hes good BUT i personally think there are better freeriders than him, But by no means is he a bad rider. But in the FR world i think there are better riders.

And no Just because Sam hill rides it doesnt mean its a dh bike.

Speacialized quotes ``BUILT FOR STEEP TRAILS AND BIG AIR, our Demo laughs in the face of ruthless terrain with 7 and 8 inches of generous travel. Its top-of-the line Fox components, stable geometry with low central mass and insanely strong double ORE down tubes are competition-proven to withstand the most extreme abuse.``

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
rmx711 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
you must be joking. i think i would know. i own a demo 7 2. and guess what. i dh. its far better than any other bike that iv ridden to be used for dh and fr. it pedals well, 38 lbs, 7.7 inches of travel, and dh geo. not sure where your coming from on "not a dh bike" and the whole sam hill debate... every rider, no matter what company has custom geo. sam hill had it on his sunday. peaty on his v10 ect. and what is the demo made for? please enlighten me. i would like to no so my shop can start marketing them to the specific riders. is it for road? xc? dj?

or are you just a stupid little prick whos head is too far up your ass to know anything about bikes. i think you need to sit in the corner for a bit you little child. maby its your time of the month. reach into your purse, your fresh tampon should be right next to your lip gloss you fairy.

Wow, someone overreacted. Your fingers sore from typing that essay?

Demo's are not really ideal downhill bikes. Sam Hill's is, its longer and slacker and built up amazing.

And not every pro rider has a one off frame, very few do, actually.

By the way, do you work in a shop?
you guy's must be f*cked in the head the guy who made the forum wants a fr/dh not just dh and the 7 2 is more fr than dh i've never ridden the bikes but im sure the demo can handle dh abuse to some degree considering sam hill hasn't broke his frame yet and i believe that the frame is made out of the same material that sam's frame is made out of.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
shore21 wrote:
rmx711 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
you must be joking. i think i would know. i own a demo 7 2. and guess what. i dh. its far better than any other bike that iv ridden to be used for dh and fr. it pedals well, 38 lbs, 7.7 inches of travel, and dh geo. not sure where your coming from on "not a dh bike" and the whole sam hill debate... every rider, no matter what company has custom geo. sam hill had it on his sunday. peaty on his v10 ect. and what is the demo made for? please enlighten me. i would like to no so my shop can start marketing them to the specific riders. is it for road? xc? dj?

or are you just a stupid little prick whos head is too far up your ass to know anything about bikes. i think you need to sit in the corner for a bit you little child. maby its your time of the month. reach into your purse, your fresh tampon should be right next to your lip gloss you fairy.

Wow, someone overreacted. Your fingers sore from typing that essay?

Demo's are not really ideal downhill bikes. Sam Hill's is, its longer and slacker and built up amazing.

And not every pro rider has a one off frame, very few do, actually.

By the way, do you work in a shop?
you guy's must be f*cked in the head the guy who made the forum wants a fr/dh not just dh and the 7 2 is more fr than dh i've never ridden the bikes but im sure the demo can handle dh abuse to some degree considering sam hill hasn't broke his frame yet and i believe that the frame is made out of the same material that sam's frame is made out of.

A Demo's headtube can hold a Mini Cooper's weight...plus a Demo 7 includes a 1 1/8 to 1.5 steerer while the 8 has a 1 1/8 steerer.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
Did you two guys (Rattsl and shore21) completely miss the point? I agree that a Demo is an awesome Whistler bike, just not an IDEAL downhill bike. I know it's strong enough. That's not the issue. The frame is just not designed for Downhill Racing specifically.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
rmx711 wrote:
Did you two guys (Rattsl and shore21) completely miss the point? I agree that a Demo is an awesome Whistler bike, just not an IDEAL downhill bike. I know it's strong enough. That's not the issue. The frame is just not designed for Downhill Racing specifically.
I was just stating a fact...I really don't give if it is or not a DH bike...the Demo 7 looks more FR while the 8 looks more DH, but the Geo is not as perfect as it should be, I get that.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
rmx711 wrote:
I was just stating a fact...I really don't give if it is or not a DH bike...the Demo 7 looks more FR while the 8 looks more DH, but the Geo is not as perfect as it should be, I get that.

Okay, no problem. Your post was a little scrambled and random, so I thought you were trying to say it WAS a DH bike just because it's strong enough.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
he got custom geo on his frame

I dont care what's on his frame, that doesnt change that the Demo is very much a DH bike if you want it to be. Unless, of course, you only ride bikes because a pro rides them and that's all that matters to you.

Stock Demo Geo...
HTA - 64-65 degrees
STA - 65-66 degrees
BBH - 14.2"-14.9"
CSL - 16.6"
WLB - 48" (Large)

Stock V-10 Geo...
HTA - 67 degrees (non-adjustable)
STA - 71 degrees
BBH - 14.8"
CSL - 17.4"
WLB - 46.3" (Large)

So... When compared with what's arguably the most popular and dominant DH bike ever, the Demo is DAMN CLOSE with it's geometry and actually a bit more slack... That's not freeride fellas, that's just a burly ass bike that will do what you want it to do. If you want to pedal it, sure it'll be a freeride bike. But, if you point it downhill and hang on, it's as much a downhill bike as anything else out there.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
rmx711 wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
rmx711 wrote:

Okay, no problem. Your post was a little scrambled and random, so I thought you were trying to say it WAS a DH bike just because it's strong enough.
can everybody just stop the whole the demo isn't a dh bike thing it just wrecks perfectly good threads

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

I dont care what's on his frame, that doesnt change that the Demo is very much a DH bike if you want it to be. Unless, of course, you only ride bikes because a pro rides them and that's all that matters to you.

Stock Demo Geo...
HTA - 64-65 degrees
STA - 65-66 degrees
BBH - 14.2"-14.9"
CSL - 16.6"
WLB - 48" (Large)

Stock V-10 Geo...
STA - 71 degrees
BBH - 14.8"
CSL - 17.4"
WLB - 46.3" (Large)

So... When compared with what's arguably the most popular and dominant DH bike ever, the Demo is DAMN CLOSE with it's geometry and actually a bit more slack... That's not freeride fellas, that's just a burly ass bike that will do what you want it to do. If you want to pedal it, sure it'll be a freeride bike. But, if you point it downhill and hang on, it's as much a downhill bike as anything else out there.

lol thats not close at all. Go look at a protractor, Theres a big diffrence between the 2

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

Stock Demo Geo...
HTA - 64-65 degrees
STA - 65-66 degrees
BBH - 14.2"-14.9"
CSL - 16.6"
WLB - 48" (Large)

Stock V-10 Geo...
STA - 71 degrees
BBH - 14.8"
CSL - 17.4"
WLB - 46.3" (Large)

lol thats not close at all. Go look at a protractor, Theres a big diffrence between the 2

haha the headtube angle is the difference that really matters, and the demos is clearly not set up for DH.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
this thread is wrcked just like the other one's because of the "demo is or is not a downhill bike"

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
shore21 wrote:
this thread is wrcked just like the other one's because of the "demo is or is not a downhill bike"
GOOD!

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
EASY BOYS !

there is another thread for this debate.

stop clogging this thread.

please.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011800
Mobile Version of Website