Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 8:56 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
For anyone wondering, found out fox DHX (Not Dhx2) is approved for stumpjumper evo

Just spoke with Fox on this. Neither Fox coil shock is approved for the Stumpy Evo due to the linkage. The DHX does have a bigger shaft, but is still not officially approved or endorsed by Fox...

Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 9:11 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
For anyone wondering, found out fox DHX (Not Dhx2) is approved for stumpjumper evo

The new RockShox Super Deluxe coil is compatible with the Evo. Go back a few pages on this thread, there is someone who posted about changing to it and having great results. Also, TheLostCo did a series of videos of the SDU coil on a stumpy evo. Worth checking out. https://youtu.be/pNclzFSbrbg?si=Iya3GiB8THruALER

Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 10:33 Quote
falkyn wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

Just spoke with Fox on this. Neither Fox coil shock is approved for the Stumpy Evo due to the linkage. The DHX does have a bigger shaft, but is still not officially approved or endorsed by Fox...

Oh dang. I guess I read some misinformation lol

Posted: Jan 24, 2024 at 12:42 Quote
Does anyone have a 2020 evo?
I bought what I thought was a 2021 or later evo rockshox expert.
But when I went to put in the adjustable headset cup it doesn’t fit. The non-adjustable headset cup that came on the bike is round.
The adjustable one has straight/parallel sides and won’t sit flush in the frame.
So I’m trying to figure out if I bought a 2020 bike or if I was supplied the wrong headset cup. Or maybe this frame is a one- off.
Haven’t been able to get in touch with the dealer yet.

Posted: Jan 25, 2024 at 4:12 Quote
haji1974 wrote:
But when I went to put in the adjustable headset cup it doesn’t fit. The non-adjustable headset cup that came on the bike is round.
The adjustable one has straight/parallel sides and won’t sit flush in the frame.
So I’m trying to figure out if I bought a 2020 bike or if I was supplied the wrong headset cup. Or maybe this frame is a one- off.

Is the top tube straight or does it have a slight kink in it?

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 2:28 Quote
Does anyone running 30.9 seatpost with a stock shim and experiencing seatpost tending to slide down inside the shim over some time? Maybe some friction paste could help. So I'm debating between buying a new 30.9 dropper or get a proper 34.9 with a 150g penalty.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 5:56 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Does anyone running 30.9 seatpost with a stock shim and experiencing seatpost tending to slide down inside the shim over some time? Maybe some friction paste could help. So I'm debating between buying a new 30.9 dropper or get a proper 34.9 with a 150g penalty.

I don't exactly have that diameter seatpost and shim, but I have Oneup 31.6 with shim and it works ok and no slide downs.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 6:48 Quote
Larger diameter droppers are more reliable if you can deal with the weight. 34.9 is a big plus for me

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 10:14 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Friction paste will solve it, no need for a new post. Have that setup & no issues, but I always use friction paste on droppers.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 10:58 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
haji1974 wrote:

Is the top tube straight or does it have a slight kink in it?

2020 stevo
Specialized Stumpjumper EVO

2021 Stevo
2021 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO review

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 10:31 Quote
Anyone have any experience on the Mullet version of Stumpy Evo? My 2023 evo comp just got stolen and I wanna get another stumpjumper Evo. I prefer rockshox stuff, and I can get a good deal on a 2023 stumpjumper Evo ltd, which is mullet straight from Specialized. It comes with rockshox stuff which is a bonus.

Looking at geo, the only difference is a little shorter chainstays. Am I even gonna notice a difference?

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 12:18 Quote
Stumpy Evo Mullet is mega rad.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 14:39 Quote
Anyone ever find out what the Rx trail tune is on the rear shock? Was not a fan of my stock Fox Float X that came on stumpy, got a super deluxe and love it. I see the Super Deluxe that comes on the LTD has the trail tune as well and just wondering if it's gonna be a noticeable difference from my aftermarket super deluxe I just had.

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 16:33 Quote
knapton wrote:
Anyone ever find out what the Rx trail tune is on the rear shock? Was not a fan of my stock Fox Float X that came on stumpy, got a super deluxe and love it. I see the Super Deluxe that comes on the LTD has the trail tune as well and just wondering if it's gonna be a noticeable difference from my aftermarket super deluxe I just had.
I can't speak to RS but in my opinion, the Trail Tune is crap, it rode harshly and the small bump sensitivity was very poor.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 22:50 Quote
knapton wrote:

Here are the differences

RX-tune:
2022, FLOAT X, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, Specialized, SJ EVO S2-S6, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, RF, Rezi LF, Neutral, Neutral Logo, N/M

Retail tune:
979-01-047 2022, FLOAT X, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, FOX, AM, 210, 55, 0.4 Spacer, CL+, PRM, Rezi LMB2, Orange, Neutral Logo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.065965
Mobile Version of Website