Powered by Outside

Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 19:31 Quote
Samesieszzzzzzzz
I’d like to try a MEZZER.
I bet a MEZZER pro looks sick on that raw.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 20:22 Quote
Mezzer is a good fork when it’s right….ive had 3 now, first two replaced under warranty. The versatility with internal travel
Change is great for multiple applications
I’ve run it at 140mm and 180mm and mid stroke support is hard to beat…..but,
It’s suffers with small
Bump and Stiction off the top and requires service etc more often than I’d like.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 4:45 Quote
Hey thanks for throwing that out there.
My trails are chewed up garbage, and little off the top type stuff is plentiful ….

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 4:51 Quote
maximumradness wrote:
I bet a MEZZER pro looks sick on that raw.

So does the EXT ERA.

We have someone here in Germany who does an outstanding job at tuning the Mezzer Pro and people who have tried it, swear on it being the best fork out there.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 5:30 Quote
KNBikes wrote:
Mezzer is a good fork when it’s right….ive had 3 now, first two replaced under warranty. The versatility with internal travel
Change is great for multiple applications
I’ve run it at 140mm and 180mm and mid stroke support is hard to beat…..but,
It’s suffers with small
Bump and Stiction off the top and requires service etc more often than I’d like.

I've been able to set up mine with great small bump compliance after fiddling with the chambers a bit. But I have also had issues, 3 creaky CSU's (replaced under warranty) had a noisy damper replaced, have had air seep from positive to negative chambers a few times (causing it to stick down).
When it is working it works great, fantastic even. But it does seem to have more issues than the Zeb on my other bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 7:21 Quote
It’s a nice estate. The grass is a bit long, but the blossoms on the tree smell Divine in the summer breeze and the spire ; does pair well with the Chardonnay

Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 11:17 Quote
maximumradness wrote:
It’s a nice estate. The grass is a bit long, but the blossoms on the tree smell Divine in the summer breeze and the spire ; does pair well with the Chardonnay

Riesling surely?!

Posted: Apr 7, 2024 at 12:12 Quote
I’m more a „Tinto de verano“ guy.

Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 5:14 Quote
Here you go. Finished. There's a new wheel set with Berd Spokes coming this weekend with endless coloring options for me. Smile

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 7:16 Quote
Beautiful! What stem is that?

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 7:57 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Beautiful! What stem is that?

A rawed Intend Grace FR.

I hope that the auto translation is any good. I don't have the time to translate such a long video. In short. The +1.5° Works Components headset is a very good fit for this bike. At 16kg it's not too heavy either and rides better than ever.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009746
Mobile Version of Website