What helmet? (post yours)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What helmet? (post yours)
Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 18:24 Quote
^ Thats what Im saying. You pay for quality, and imo esp. comfort. Any certified dh lid will protect you, although in varying degrees.

And you dont have to pay retail on a D3. Look in ebay, some are $180 if you get lucky. Never paid retail for both of mine.

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 18:31 Quote
i havent payed msrp on anything bike related in time....

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
here goes my helmet i just got back from Stacy painthouse customs
One industries Gamma bot custom painted by Stacy Glaser

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 19:36 Quote
goggle suggestions? i been looking at the dragon nfx frame-less tech. and wanted to know if that was any good anyone?

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 20:47 Quote
Paking wrote:
Has anyone owned a Troy Lee Designs D2 helmet and swapped for a D3?? I'm really tempted to do it, maybe just for the carbon shell and lightweight, but i'd like to here some comments?
if you're looking to drop that kind of cash, get a fox V3 carbon, it's a snell approved helmet so it actually has to meet penetration tests and such.

Plus the weight gain over a D3 is tiny.

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 21:02 Quote
the new v3 is nice. too bad it dont fit my head shape....

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 21:53 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:

Reason why I sold mine. Got one for a steal but just doesnt fit me. I wanna fit the rampage pro at otter.

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 22:36 Quote
for myself TLD has fit tne best of all the ones ive tried. would like to try a full 9 cause the moto9 is just soooooo comfy.

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 0:56 Quote
boylagz wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

Reason why I sold mine. Got one for a steal but just doesnt fit me. I wanna fit the rampage pro at otter.
V3, not V3r.

I've found that the D3's I've tried dont fit that well.

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 6:23 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Paking wrote:
Has anyone owned a Troy Lee Designs D2 helmet and swapped for a D3?? I'm really tempted to do it, maybe just for the carbon shell and lightweight, but i'd like to here some comments?
if you're looking to drop that kind of cash, get a fox V3 carbon, it's a snell approved helmet so it actually has to meet penetration tests and such.

It really isnt that much weight?? I used to wear a Fox Rampage helmet, swapped to a D2.. The V3 look sweet.. Do u mean the TLD helmets dont get approved by the Snell tests?? How about the DOT tests?

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 7:08 Quote
D2 or d3? Which is better? I have found them both for the same price so it is down to which is the better helmet..any opinions?

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 8:35 Quote
cbrider14 wrote:
D2 or d3? Which is better? I have found them both for the same price so it is down to which is the better helmet..any opinions?
D3. Go for it.

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
Paking wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Paking wrote:

It really isnt that much weight?? I used to wear a Fox Rampage helmet, swapped to a D2.. The V3 look sweet.. Do u mean the TLD helmets dont get approved by the Snell tests?? How about the DOT tests?

the TLD D3 is a cycling helmet. the Fox V3 is a moto helmet.

the TLD Air is comparable to the V3, the TLD SE3 comparable to the fox V4

Posted: Mar 17, 2013 at 18:05 Quote
this is why you get a dot/snell approved helmet that actually has standards for face guard impacts... (skip to like 1:10)

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
POC Cortex Flow or Nema Player. Which one i should take?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021997
Mobile Version of Website