What's the strongest brake for DH.

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the strongest brake for DH.
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 7:26 Quote
Holy cow I checked the Gatorbrake site... pretty cool stuff.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 7:34 Quote
who the hell actually uses those gatorbrake ones, those calipers are like 2x bigger than normal

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 7:49 Quote
The magura gustavs are so powerful they recomend a deep press headset...
Something to look at are the new formula The One Brake, it has a huge piston but is light as hell, the honda team has been running them all year.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 8:55 Quote
the gatorbrakes where on eurobike mounted on to a stock freeride bike.Not to mention they make dual disc brake hubs.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 10:11 Quote
saint's are lovely (i run them on my commencal)
juicy 7's or codes are lovely
magura gustavs are animals
hopes are lovely, but more bling then anything else

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 11:04 Quote
I've seen and heard very good things with the codes.
And being able to get parts easily for them will never be a bad thing.
I have also heard that hope mono6's can be finicky to mount, with spacers needed. BUT, that is what I heard; not first hand experience.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 11:26 Quote
AVIDS! don't ride anything but avids! their levers feel the best and they power is great!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 11:28 Quote
i'd go with the avid codes great power and easy to maintain

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 11:46 Quote
i agree with most of the guys, avids are the way to go. best brakes iv ever ridden.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
yeah my buy got the Codes an they're pretty sick, i know thats what i'm putting on my next bike

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
Ive had saints for quite a while now and they are wonderful. they have killer power and quite a bit of modulation. Id really like to try the new formula "The One" brake though, its supposed to be sick.
Codes feel nice but i don't really like the lever feel. I also rode Magura Louise FR's a while ago and i can confidently say that they are the best brake i have ever ridden. they just felt so nice and so strong, the only problem is that they're a little hard to find and its hard to get parts for them...im not even sure if they continued production this year

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:12 Quote
I;m thinking maybe the Gatorbrake 8 piston brake would be pretty powerful. I've never used it but it has 8 pistons.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 19:14 Quote
obviously avid bb5'sBatman

but in all seriousness, anyone remember those brakes posted on the old pb with the dual rotors? those were pretty intense, and most likely more powerful then anything you would ever need.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 20:53 Quote
I have hopes and they work great the only problem with them is its hard to get new pads for them.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 20:58 Quote
8 piston gater brakes if you have a cracked rear end theese will brake it :Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012521
Mobile Version of Website