Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Transition Patrol Bearings

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Patrol Bearings
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 15, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
jusutus wrote:
Xorrox wrote:
Does anyone know what the best way is to remove the main frame chainstay pivot bearings on the Gen 1 (2017) carbon patrol? The bearings are pressed into the main frame from either side with some kind of spacer in the middle.

They should come out easily by tapping from the other side with a flat headed screwdriver or something similar and a hammer. The spacer has a notch for that.

Xorrox wrote:
Also, does anyone know if Transition has any recommendations on installation of the bearings in their carbon frames? Should they go in dry, with a small layer of carbon compatible grease or with some kind of loctite retaining compound?

They don't need anything. Just tap them in by using the old bearings on top of new ones.

I had to replace all bearings on my Carbon Scout before even riding it...

Thanks

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
[Quote="jusutus"]
Xorrox wrote:
Does anyone know what the best way is to remove the main frame
They should come out easily by tapping from the other side with a flat headed screwdriver or something similar and a hammer. The spacer has a notch for that.
do you think is a good idea? even if i knock one side and another (interchangeably) ? i don't want to put them not in line

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
Xorrox wrote:
Main Pivot bearing Removal and Installation

Does anyone know what the best way is to remove the main frame chainstay pivot bearings on the Gen 1 (2017) carbon patrol? The bearings are pressed into the main frame from either side with some kind of spacer in the middle.

My Main Pivot Axle easily pushed right out.
The Rocker Pivot Axle is more difficult. This part has a notch in it which the line for the dropper post runs through. It may be necessary to pull out the seat post, and manipulate the hydraulic line while trying to turn the Rocker Pivot Axle. Once the axle is turned 180 degrees, and the dropper line is on the opposite side of the notch, it should pull out without much trouble. Have a look at the exploded view in the 2017 frame manual.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
I'm half way through doing mine using a bearing press kit and custom made sleeves to press them into.this looks handy tho:
https://www.bearingprotools.com/products/bearing-puller-kit-for-transition-bikes?variant=7241422503994

P.s you should never hit bearings back in referring to previous comments.
Always press them in

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
I'm half way through doing mine using a bearing press kit and custom made sleeves to press them into.this looks handy tho:
https://www.bearingprotools.com/products/bearing-puller-kit-for-transition-bikes?variant=7241422503994

Always press them in

How do you find the quality of the bpt puller?

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
ehfour wrote:
rhyssutton wrote:

Always press them in

How do you find the quality of the bpt puller?

Aint got one, just looked handy.
Ive got em all out except where there are 2 bearings together-they aint budging ao may buy a tool

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
I've just taken out the two frame bearings which were surprisingly easy. I'd also taken the two linkage bearings out the other day and that was done with a drift and a lot of banging.

Decided to splash out on the RRP Bearing Press and Extraction tool. The 4 x 3802's might be even hard to get out.

I'm surprised all the bearings were seized but the bike appeared to be working fine!!

On a 2015 Patrol BTW

FL
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
Just re-regreased my pivot bearings on my 2018 Smuggler. Had been meaning to do it at the start of the year when I bought the bike, but never got around to it.

Both sets of bearings on the rocker link were mildly seized. Got them spinning again and re packed with grease.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
JBW450 wrote:
Just re-regreased my pivot bearings on my 2018 Smuggler. Had been meaning to do it at the start of the year when I bought the bike, but never got around to it.

Both sets of bearings on the rocker link were mildly seized. Got them spinning again and re packed with grease.

I had to do that with mine this year, low budget rider

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046033
Mobile Version of Website