Powered by Outside

YT Dirt Love

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 10:37 Quote
danelliott wrote:
Absolut > Dirt love

How are you able to quantify that statement? Have you ridden both already?

If so, it would be great to hear some details. Thanks

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
danelliott wrote:
Absolut > Dirt love

Ridden both. Absolut feels more playful and solid on the ground and in the air, dirt love feels weirdly twitchy and unstable and springy.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 10:14 Quote
danelliott wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
danelliott wrote:
Absolut > Dirt love

Ridden both. Absolut feels more playful and solid on the ground and in the air, dirt love feels weirdly twitchy and unstable and springy.

Cheers for the input tup

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 21:50 Quote
Is the Dirt Love too small for someone 6'4" for pump track, bmx and some dirt jumping? I'm liking the spec, price and look of this bike, but concerned it may be too small. I've had P3's and Jackal's in the past that felt decent, but were a bit bigger. I'm not sure about such a short reach / top tube for me. Stack height looks good though.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
fitnessgeek wrote:
Is the Dirt Love too small for someone 6'4" for pump track, bmx and some dirt jumping? I'm liking the spec, price and look of this bike, but concerned it may be too small. I've had P3's and Jackal's in the past that felt decent, but were a bit bigger. I'm not sure about such a short reach / top tube for me. Stack height looks good though.
Isn't any dirtbike for you? Wink

Check out the Transition PBJ, reach goes to 440mm. Almost 2" longer then a 400mm reach dirt jumper. Might not be true dirtjumper an pretty long, but might fit you better. https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_PBJ.cfm

Dirt Love:
photo

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 20:01 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
fitnessgeek wrote:
Isn't any dirtbike for you? Wink

Check out the Transition PBJ, reach goes to 440mm. Almost 2" longer then a 400mm reach dirt jumper. Might not be true dirtjumper an pretty long, but might fit you better. https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_PBJ.cfm

Dirt Love:
photo

Yeah, I know about the PBJ and size of that bike....probably should go for something that big, but I really like the look, build spec and price of the Dirt Love. I guess it doesn't work well for my height.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
fitnessgeek wrote:

Maybe you could demo one at Sea Otter in April.

Also - have you checked out the Commencal Absolut? I believe it's a tad bigger than the Dirt Love and $300 less.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 3:15 Quote
really, in EU they are bot 999€. I thought that due to new set up of YT the import prices would be lower for you guys in the US?

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
really, in EU they are bot 999€. I thought that due to new set up of YT the import prices would be lower for you guys in the US?

Yeah, I don't know. The Commencal is $999 while the Dirt Love is listed at $1299. The Dirt Love would be more competitive at the $999 price.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 11:24 Quote
uhu that is a 30% higher price!

Canyon Stitched 360 Pro is listed at 1199€, so 200€ more than a YT dirt love. That is also a nicely specced bike in two sizes, but 200€ on a 1000 is still a lot.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 14:23 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:

Canyon Stitched 360 Pro is listed at 1199€, so 200€ more than a YT dirt love. That is also a nicely specced bike in two sizes, but 200€ on a 1000 is still a lot.

The Canyon Stitched bikes looks great. I'd like to buy the base 360 model. Unfortunately, Canyon USA doesn't sell it here. Neither the 360 or 720.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

The Canyon Stitched bikes looks great. I'd like to buy the base 360 model. Unfortunately, Canyon USA doesn't sell it here. Neither the 360 or 720.

They've told me repeatedly that they plan to sell both bikes in "early 2018". Sign up for their emails and keep checking their US web-site.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 0:21 Quote
ClarkRonald wrote:

They've told me repeatedly that they plan to sell both bikes in "early 2018". Sign up for their emails and keep checking their US web-site.

That's good to hear. I'm sure they'll sell well here.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 20:43 Quote
fitnessgeek wrote:

Not sure how much it helps, I have a YT First Love...cheaper brother of the Dirt Love... I am 200+ and 6’2”. I feel comfortable on the bike. I have a pump track and beginning to jump with the bike. I have tried any others and I don’t recall which was longer the First Love or Dirt Love, but I love my bike. I hope you are able to get something.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 21:13 Quote
steveperry wrote:
fitnessgeek wrote:

Not sure how much it helps, I have a YT First Love...cheaper brother of the Dirt Love... I am 200+ and 6’2”. I feel comfortable on the bike. I have a pump track and beginning to jump with the bike. I have tried any others and I don’t recall which was longer the First Love or Dirt Love, but I love my bike. I hope you are able to get something.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015287
Mobile Version of Website