Powered by Outside

Homemade!

• Next Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
I remember when you talked about maybe making one out of carbon but that's cool that you did it. I don't get why every bike with the shock near the tire doesn't come with one. Only bikes I can think of are the V10 and Specialized.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
lelandjt wrote:
I remember when you talked about maybe making one out of carbon but that's cool that you did it. I don't get why every bike with the shock near the tire doesn't come with one. Only bikes I can think of are the V10 and Specialized.

I did actually talked to Commencal in case they where interested in my idea, but they told me that they had already started develop a carbon fender for the rear shock. I'm pretty exited to see how commencal's stuff turns out and how close my idea is to theirs:P

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
patent it before they can, and then sue for a sh!tload of money and distribute it to all of PB (at least everyone on PB thats not an idiot)

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
runner wrote:
patent it before they can, and then sue for a sh!tload of money and distribute it to all of PB (at least everyone on PB thats not an idiot)

Well thats not many people.....

Anyway, patenting something like that is pointless. All it would take is a TINY difference to get around the patent.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
runner wrote:

Well thats not many people.....

Very true Big Grin

Hummeroid wrote:
Anyway, patenting something like that is pointless. All it would take is a TINY difference to get around the patent.

Also true

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
johaines wrote:
Just made my self a homemade shock protector:P Used a 1,5l plastic bottle and two screws with nuts on. Cut out some peaces of the bottle and woalla!! Haven't got any chance to test it in the mud jet since its only ice and a little snow outside
but guess its going to be a lot of mud when the ice snow melts:S

Nice idea!

A condom works well too (that's not my pic)

photo

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
pellegrinimtb wrote:
johaines wrote:
Just made my self a homemade shock protector:P Used a 1,5l plastic bottle and two screws with nuts on. Cut out some peaces of the bottle and woalla!! Haven't got any chance to test it in the mud jet since its only ice and a little snow outside
but guess its going to be a lot of mud when the ice snow melts:S

Nice idea!

A condom works well too (that's not my pic)

photo

Tasty

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Wow, you guys are going nuts about a plastic bottle, then check this one I made....
photo

Ill take pics on the next mud ride, it keeps crap out perfectly. Mud on the seat tube, mud on the chainstay, but nothing on the shock!

were can i/other ppl read about that? (making of a fender)

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
This gives you the basic idea.

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 at 19:40 Quote
just like to announce that i have just succesfully made my hone rear deraliuer into a drop out mount from a axle mount . will post pics

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015500
Mobile Version of Website