[Quote="RobKong"]
Lando406 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Behold!

That is easily the second coolest powerplay I have seen in my entire life.[/Quote

Ha! There’s exactly only enough room for two power plays in this thread.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
Lando406 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Behold!
Is this the A30 or A50? How many miles do you have on it now?

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
It was an A30, but there’s not much A30 left on it lol

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
Like RobKong said, it started as an A30, but I swapped most of the parts that matter. I think I’ve got almost 200 miles. I started strong, riding a bunch, but I haven’t been able to ride it much recently. That being said, it rides an a champ! Zero issues or complaints.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
What up with the 2 different wheels?

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Mullet. Running a 2.6 front and a 2.8 rear. Mega traction and smash ability. The Ride 4 and the bigger rear tire allow for the bb to remain at a nice height.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
Has anyone had an issue with the motor?

FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
jfunk73 wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with the motor?

Only the usual problem which requires recalibration and a couple of error codes which cleared after switching off/on, but I haven’t done a huge distance on mine yet (500miles). All I’ve really done is remove the drive side motor cover every few rides and clean out any debris and mud buildup. Oh, and glued the split in the covers top bolt hole most people have suffered from.

I’m hoping to get out on mine for the first time in over a month, can’t decide on a route though as we’ve had pretty crap weather the last few weeks.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
No complaints from me. I know a couple people who had overheating issues, but Rocky provided a software update that seemed to fix the problem.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2022 at 14:25 Quote
Lando406 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Behold!

Hey! Did you set yours up as a mullet?? I am looking to upgrade the wheels on mine as well and the carbon bike is the only one that can officially be a mullet... however I figure with the ride 4 and a 65 stroke shock, I might be able to get close enough.

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2022 at 14:47 Quote
Yeah, I’ve run it mullet the whole time. I didn’t get the MX link, as it’s only compatible with the carbon frame and mine is alloy. Instead, I run the Ride-4 in position 2 and I have a 2.8 rear tire. I think it rides great! Go for it!

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
@Lando406 Thanks! Yeah I also bought an A30, its such a good bike for the money and allows me, like you, to upgrade how I want. I find a lot of the higher spec'd bikes spend money in ways that I would rather not.

anyway, thanks for the info! Between Ride 1 and 4 there is roughly 10 mm of BB drop to play with, I reckon a mullet in position 4 would have a similar geometry as a 29er in position 1, albeit with the kinematic of the position 4. Going to look a bit further into what exactly that means!

Posted: Dec 27, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
I had no end of troubles with mine. I owned it for 15 months and it spent 14 months in the shop and eventually got a refund on it. It was a shame because when it was working it was ace. Wheels were flimsy, (folded the front in half at about 5mph), rear spokes needed constant attention, cones needed tightening constantly, snapped rear triangle, countless electrical faults.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.100808
Mobile Version of Website