Powered by Outside

Open discussion on 3-D printed MTB items.

PB Forum :: Bike-related 3D Printing
Open discussion on 3-D printed MTB items.
O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 13:35 Quote

There are definitely some winners here. Need to print some of these things when I get home from work today.

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 13:56 Quote
im calling your boss and telling him you are on pb at work

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 15:03 Quote
mior wrote:
im calling your boss and telling him you are on pb at work

LMAO lol lol lol

Maybe my boss is on here already tup

Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 18:03 Quote
Hey guys,Hope someone out there can help,I have a 2014 specialized langster pro 10th anniversary edition and I need the stickers/decals for this bike any help would be appreciated

Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 23:53 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo

Duff.....Doooooh Smile

PM me for Stl file

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 2:45 Quote
That’s awesome tup

Have you tried it on a ride yet? What filament is that?

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 7:30 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
That’s awesome tup

Have you tried it on a ride yet? What filament is that?

i have it for 2 years, its 100% infill, PLA material

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 16:45 Quote
I've made a bunch of printed parts ranging from critical stuff like handlebars and a crankset, to much lower risk items like fenders. Here's a saddle. All components of the saddle are printed. FFF TPU on a prusa for the pad, the shell is nylon using SLS, and the rails are Laser Powder Bed (goes by a bunch of dumb acronyms like LPBF, DMLS, DMLM, SLM). I've made the rails in both Ti64 and 718.

I work in the Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) industry Smile

Portfolio on Instagram @nickb_makes

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 5:36 Quote
I've printed up ebike battery 'mounts' to go between the curve of the downtime and the flat mounting plate of the battery. Worked a treat.
Can recommend carbon nylon filament as pretty tough if your printer can do it.

Fabris, any photos of the cranks, would love to see them:-)
Am jealous of your printers!

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 6:52 Quote
Here's my printed cranks. printed in ti64 using LPBF. The arms are hollow. More photos in profile here or instagram (@nickb_makes).

I'm planning another crankset in an aluminum alloy sometime this year.

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 3:48 Quote
Eek Eek Eek

Those are amazing!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2023 at 9:31 Quote
I 3D print, but don't have equipment to do metal and won't anytime soon. If I were to design something and test in PTEG or similar first, does anyone have a TRUSTED provider who prints in metal? I'd like quality work, but more importantly I don't want my designs popping up on AliExpress or Amazon a few months later.

Posted: Mar 29, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Any chance anyone has made an extender for the XT SL-M8100 shift lever? I feel like I'm always twisting my wrist so much to reach the thumb shifter, and I'm imagining some kind of snap-on or slide-over extender

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 11:44 Quote
TranceAllez wrote:
Any chance anyone has made an extender for the XT SL-M8100 shift lever? I feel like I'm always twisting my wrist so much to reach the thumb shifter, and I'm imagining some kind of snap-on or slide-over extender

I designed one about a year ago to get the 12 speed xt lever to work better with some Formula RO brakes. It replaces the 22.2mm shifter clamp and moves the levers closer to the grips. PM me if you want the files.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014970
Mobile Version of Website