Powered by Outside

How new do I need to go?

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
How new do I need to go?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 10:35 Quote
The Rocky Mountain Blizzards are modern geo. 66* hta, long reach. Own a 2022 and its heaps of fun. Rides like my Instinct.

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
ColinBulloch wrote:
The Rocky Mountain Blizzards are modern geo. 66* hta, long reach. Own a 2022 and its heaps of fun. Rides like my Instinct.

The new Blizzard Carbon50 looks badazz in that Brown/carbon color way!

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 6:39 Quote
Surly Wednesday for the not so crazy Q factor. Had a 197mm bike and it made my knees hurt.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 17:37 Quote
I ended up buying a 2022 Norco Bigfoot 2. $500 off right now so I couldn’t go wrong.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 21:12 Quote
I suppose 2022 is new enough - good score!

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 21:41 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
I suppose 2022 is new enough - good score!

Honestly people want new prices for used bikes. You might shave off a few hundred going used in my market.

First ride tomorrow. Super stoked.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 5:39 Quote
johnovey wrote:
I wouldn't get too hung up on the latest & greatest, when it comes to fatbikes. 27.5 wheels probably have more grip, compared to my 26s. Good tires are the biggest asset.
I have lousy tires & struggle on steeper climbs & cornering. My buddy has a set of Surly Bud & Lou tires that run circles around my Vee Rubber Bulldozers.
Fatbiking on snow IS NOT mountainbiking! Just a way of getting on two wheels & getting exercise in the winter, for me.
1-1/2 hrs on a fatbike is like 3hrs on your mtb.

Just read your post and could not agree more that it is NOT mountainbiking, thank you for that comment as it is exactly how I feel and get flack for it.

I just want to add that the torque on the freehub on fat bikes wears them out quickly so if you do go used then look into getting a back up for it.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012387
Mobile Version of Website