square problem

• Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
lynam123 wrote:
just get sum halo sas wheels mate
rite strong
Definitely don't listen to the above.

Have you thought about the Mavic 823? They are bombproof.
and for style deemax's because its mounted with the same rim

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
thanks guys I´ll have to analyse all your options because my budget is tight and I need to buy two rims because I don`t like at all bikes with diferent rims..Confused

thank´s for your support!! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
lynam123 wrote:
just get sum halo sas wheels mate
rite strong
Definitely don't listen to the above.

Have you thought about the Mavic 823? They are bombproof.
and for style deemax's because its mounted with the same rim

And has a worse hub. Learn your products before you recommend them. Rolleyes

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
This must be the 100th time i have said this, The 2008 deemax use strengthened deetrax hub's, Therefore eliminating the bad freewheels. I am sure i have said this to you before Vince.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
This must be the 100th time i have said this, The 2008 deemax use strengthened deetrax hub's, Therefore eliminating the bad freewheels. I am sure i have said this to you before Vince.

You haven't but I was speaking generally about Deemax hubs. But you can still get a better wheelset (Pro2 hubs on 823s) for less money.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
I know my products thats why I am suggesting them to him I know the 07 and lower the hubs sucked like hell

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
You haven't but I was speaking generally about Deemax hubs. But you can still get a better wheelset (Pro2 hubs on 823s) for less money.
'better' in the sense of cost yes and reliability yes, Strength no. Also have you unsubscribed from the BOBW thread, It seems to get a good question now and then.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
'better' in the sense of cost yes and reliability yes, Strength no. Also have you unsubscribed from the BOBW thread, It seems to get a good question now and then.

Nah, I'm just going on here less and less. Summer classes started today....

And to stay on topic, I don't ride with a lot of people who are destroying hubs, so I guess I mean better for riders like me.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

STILL has aluminum spokes. Proprietary, and STILL pop out. Sure, the freewheel MIGHT be better-ish now, but it still doesnt hold a candle to a ProII or Hadley.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
What i mean by strength is the strength of the rim, Straight pull spokes make the wheel flex less and also stronger. That is why Mavic can claim the deemax is "a-line gravity indestructible." and they don't do the same with the 823.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
What i mean by strength is the strength of the rim, Straight pull spokes make the wheel flex less and also stronger. That is why Mavic can claim the deemax is "a-line gravity indestructible." and they don't do the same with the 823.

They dont do the same with the 823 because its a RIM, not a WHEELSET. They cant certify it that way because it depends on the quality of the build, not because theres a rim difference.

And sure, theyre stiffer/stronger when theyre staying put in the hub Rolleyes You will never convince me a Deemax is better than my 823 build.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:

STILL has aluminum spokes. Proprietary, and STILL pop out. Sure, the freewheel MIGHT be better-ish now, but it still doesnt hold a candle to a ProII or Hadley.
That all comes down to maintenance, I do find myself tightening the non drive side of the rear wheel once a month. But it takes hardly any time.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:

They dont do the same with the 823 because its a RIM, not a WHEELSET. They cant certify it that way because it depends on the quality of the build, not because theres a rim difference.
Trust me, The factory build of the deemax is far from quality, The quality is after you true it after the bed in period.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011970
Mobile Version of Website