Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
The truth is Marzocchi is $63 million dollars in debt and can't afford to give good customer service right now.

That might cause a decline in product quality... Rolleyes

That is why they are made in china now not Italy

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 0:33 Quote
robc wrote:
hillman-hunter wrote:
yup send them back, i had the same problem with my 07 ones, apparently it was the lowers were incorrectly formed and were replaced. be prepared for a wait tho' (7 weeks for mine) and make sure you fill in windwaves returns sheet (it's on their website).

chickencruncher wrote:
Crap, ok, so is it windwave that i send them back to then? Was gonna buy the Totems, kinda wishing i had now. Ak well, .. i will try an see what happens.

Cheers folk for replying, .. and keep the banter flowing.
Luckily its a one-three day turnaround here for Marzocchi products.

UK here buddy, there is no marzocchi office, all of their warranties are done by windwave http://www.windwave.co.uk/contactus.html link to returns form is on that page, and yes you can send them direct to them just fill out the returns sheet and send you receipt off to them with it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
bigquotesLuckily its a one-three day turnaround here for Marzocchi products.

When you say "HERE" where exactly are you refering to? I just recently got into the sport from a BMX background and the used I bike I bought came with a 2005 888RC and I'm looking to get a new single crown fork. Of course I was seriously considering Marzocchi but now I'm not too sure about that? I'd probably be better off just keeping the 888RC's? The guy who I bought my bike from said that 2005-2006 were some of the best years for Marzocchi forks?

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
TerminusAvid wrote:
When you say "HERE" where exactly are you refering to? I just recently got into the sport from a BMX background and the used I bike I bought came with a 2005 888RC and I'm looking to get a new single crown fork. Of course I was seriously considering Marzocchi but now I'm not too sure about that? I'd probably be better off just keeping the 888RC's? The guy who I bought my bike from said that 2005-2006 were some of the best years for Marzocchi forks?

Some of the best years, for sure. The new forks have been going downhill since 2006 I think. Quality has gotten crappy, stuff breaks often, etc.

The 888's are a good fork. Keep them.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
Thanks for replying, much appreciated! Plus since I'm somewhat new to the sport its probably smart to just ride the bike and not worry so much about what brand of fork I'm running (at least until I get serious or good enough to need better forks)?

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Yeah, im new to this too. Just thought i would upgrade my fork to ones io could adjust... turns out they are doing all the adjusting for me, without my permission! Dont want to get rid of them, but if Marzocchi cant fix em, .. then guess its the Totems for me.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 0:21 Quote
TerminusAvid wrote:
Thanks for replying, much appreciated! Plus since I'm somewhat new to the sport its probably smart to just ride the bike and not worry so much about what brand of fork I'm running (at least until I get serious or good enough to need better forks)?

Hell, I wouldn't worry at all. The 888's are a fork many of our semi-pro downhillers use here in Russia, I've seen at least 5 or 6 of the top guys running triple Eights.

Keep it and just ride.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
The truth is Marzocchi is $63 million dollars in debt and can't afford to give good customer service right now.

^^ this is total bullshit... if you go to the zocchi web site and actually register your fork, you get better customer service becaus they have your fork info right in front of them... as for the bushing problems i agree... my 66 rc3's are doing the same thing but total down time on the fork for me is only 2 weeks

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Chickencruncher wrote:
Hey there. I have had my 66's for around half a year. And noticed a slight creaking when breaking or just jumping up and down on them. On returning from Morzine though, its got a hell of a lot worse.I've noticed there is alot of play in the stantions too, forward and back instead of up and down! :S
Before i send them back, is there anything i could try? Im new to the whole suspention thing, might be a simple fix.....i hope. Any help would be great! Cheers.

i also talked to a zocchi rep about this... you could have broken "rods" meaning that the bolts at the bottom of the fork were torqued too tight...

did you have the fork serviced before you went?

FL
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
Chickencruncher wrote:
Hey there. I have had my 66's for around half a year. And noticed a slight creaking when breaking or just jumping up and down on them. On returning from Morzine though, its got a hell of a lot worse.I've noticed there is alot of play in the stantions too, forward and back instead of up and down! :S
Before i send them back, is there anything i could try? Im new to the whole suspention thing, might be a simple fix.....i hope. Any help would be great! Cheers.
it's the bushings, like all 08 marzocchi 66s. they should provide you with new lower warranty

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
Thats odd.. my 2008 66 Rc3's are perfectly fine they work perfectly, no complaint what so ever. Honestly, I can compare them to the smoothness of fox 40's, the only difference between the two forks is the amount of travel. (Yes I have tried 40's).

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
i forgot to mention that Marzocchi moved production to taiwon because marzocchi was having trouble meeting demands for there forks. when marzocchi moved productionn to taiwon, there Q.C. went way down. this is because the people who build the forks get paid on how many they can assemble in one day. the taiwaneese like to take alot of shortcuts to finish on time or ahead of time (even if this means forgeting parts or installing parts incorectly) marzocchi has more or less resolved the problems for 2009 (except for graphics)

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
I've had major creaking issues with my 08 66rc3's too - still not fixed after several attempts by Marzocchi. On the bushing issue - I have major play in my stantions and can even hear a clicking sound when testing the play. I said I wanted it fixed but Marz said it was spec. These forks are very, very frustrating and are just plain crap.
Has anyone had the bushing play warrantied and could you give me details?? Should they warranty my bushing play or is it just tough sh8t. Thanks for your help.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
i have the same problem on my 66 rcv itès suppose to be warranty so ièm sending it next week and we see, i also have that noise when try the play, i never see that before on a fork

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
Yea, I was recently told that the play is on all Marzocchi forks after they went to the 38mm(or whatever) stantions in 2008, and that you can't do anything about it - from the Marzocchi Shop in Vancouver. But the creaking is part of the warranty.
I also keep hearing mixed viewpoints on the bushing play, some people get the play warrantied with new lowers and others do not. What is really going on???

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014943
Mobile Version of Website