Powered by Outside

Bike Quality Vs. skill level

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bike Quality Vs. skill level
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:
me2menow wrote:
but what pisses me off is the buy who busts 3500 bucks on a bike, never rides it, brags he is the best rider around, and sucks when he does ride.

and has no idea what he just bought
LOL
yeh, then he got that sx trail 2, rides it to school, gets it stolen. so he buys an ECD for 3000, never rides that so he tries to sell it for 3000 againRolleyes
ohh wow unlucky for him that he got it stolen but still wow

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
psycho-baby wrote:
theres a difference between having a nice expensive bike or taking pride in the nice bike you built from the ground up
i biult my bike up

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
im kind of the opposite, i feel my bike is too good for me. im not bad but my bike is dialed and it kind of happened by accident and i feel like people see my bike and think like im gonna be really good but then i like disappoint i guess. but i ride everyday and im definitely not spoiled so idk what to think.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:
me2menow wrote:
but what pisses me off is the buy who busts 3500 bucks on a bike, never rides it, brags he is the best rider around, and sucks when he does ride.

and has no idea what he just bought
LOL
yeh, then he got that sx trail 2, rides it to school, gets it stolen. so he buys an ECD for 3000, never rides that so he tries to sell it for 3000 againRolleyes

I always hear people talking about the first type of person mentioned, but I don't think he exists. More like people gossiping about other riders behind their backs. Second example is a kid. Kids make stupid decisions (sometimes)...(most of the time).

Nearly every time I have met a rider with more bike than skill level they've been as nice or nicer than anybody. Perhaps this is because with say, cars, you can buy a Corvette and look like a good driver because it is fast, but with say, DH riding, if you buy a Glory and you suck, you will still look like you suck. This is a reason why bikes are awesome.

My bikes may be better than I am, but cycling is more than a hobby to me, it is a passion, and it's my favourite thing in the world. So why would I go out and ride a piece of junk just cause I don't do tailwhips or win races? Might as well have good equipment to enjoy that doesn't limit your riding in any way! Buy the best you can afford...or depending on your priorities, buy better than you can afford (like me)!

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
down0050 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:

LOL

I always hear people talking about the first type of person mentioned, but I don't think he exists. More like people gossiping about other riders behind their backs. Second example is a kid. Kids make stupid decisions (sometimes)...(most of the time).

Nearly every time I have met a rider with more bike than skill level they've been as nice or nicer than anybody. Perhaps this is because with say, cars, you can buy a Corvette and look like a good driver because it is fast, but with say, DH riding, if you buy a Glory and you suck, you will still look like you suck. This is a reason why bikes are awesome.

My bikes may be better than I am, but cycling is more than a hobby to me, it is a passion, and it's my favourite thing in the world. So why would I go out and ride a piece of junk just cause I don't do tailwhips or win races? Might as well have good equipment to enjoy that doesn't limit your riding in any way! Buy the best you can afford...or depending on your priorities, buy better than you can afford (like me)!
umm.....?

i know this kind of person, yes he does exist, no its not a rumor

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
bikenerdy wrote:
i think that people who get really nice bikes are: eather really good/fast watever, or they just have enough money to buy nice bikes and like to treat themselfs.
No SHIT! why else would u get a bike...as a pet no i dont think so.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
Dodgerhater93 wrote:
bikenerdy wrote:
i think that people who get really nice bikes are: eather really good/fast watever, or they just have enough money to buy nice bikes and like to treat themselfs.

ru retarded.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:09 Quote
down0050 wrote:

Salute

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:10 Quote
bikenerdy wrote:
Dodgerhater93 wrote:
bikenerdy wrote:

ru retarded.
uhhh no i am not but what u said was a no brainer...people either get a good bike cause there good or get one because they want a nice one....why else would u get one?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:17 Quote
down0050 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
i-bicycle wrote:

LOL

AMEN!!!!, i work at a shop and when i got a pargyle, instead of just a pike my friends got angry, even though it was the same price?

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:21 Quote
i think if u get a really good bike, as long as u ride and try to progress and have fun, its all good. but if u buy like a 5000dollar dh bike and a 2-3000 dj bike just to have it sit at home and say u own them is really stupid. i dont think i deserve my bike, but hell, its made me a much more confident rider, and is inspiring me to try harder stuff. cuz its liek " oh crap this bike is too good, i better get on par"

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
I hate to see noob kids riding expensive bikes, however, some of those kids end up progressing faster in the sport because they have such nice stuff. I bet i would have been alot better at BMX when i was 12 if i had a decent bike instead of a 37 pound haro. If you've got money to blow, go for the expensive stuff, I know i would no matter what sport or hobby we are talking about.

I built up a downhill "budget bike" recently where my goal was to spend $1000 or less and to prove to others that you dont need a $3000+ bike to race/ride fast and have fun. I ended up going over my budget by 3-400 because i decided I wanted gears, and hydro brakes. Turns out this bike is the nicest, fastest, plushest ride I've ever been on. Im looking forward to putting alot of demos, sundays and glory's to shame this coming season!

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
well I'm not afraid to admit that my bike absolutely blows.

(its a DK Step up with diamondback cranks ,some triple wall rims and a seat i had to strip because it looked worse with padding).

but that don't matter anyway, being I'm not the best bike rider around.

every time i go to ride its way too hot and can barely fit in 30 mins worth, as a result of that I'm still trying to learn a 180 ffs Redface .

I desperately need new parts, but i think ill just wait it out till the ones i have break off.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 1:33 Quote
i think its the competition, if you see a guy on a v10 and your on a kona your gonna want the v10.
in the process of getting that v10 your gonna relize that its a race bike, what im trying to say is people want to keep up to the competition. people who do so are know as "wanna bes"

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
Around here where i live the trend is tight jeans and dirt jumpers and i hate these little f*ckers that roll past you through a red light and give you the finger!Really Mad

They are the people that i hate with a vengeance because all they do is sit around at the skatepark and try to act tough with the little kids.
If you really are trying to progress then accept nothing than the best. I bought an 06 hardrock and that was ok for a while, but as i progressed more i got more expensive parts, and found it easier to progress. I find that its easier to progress with high quality parts, because obviously they perform better. So if you want to be good at what you do go for quality, and if you want to pose and beat up on little kids at the skate park pray to god you dont run into me and my brother.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.194520
Mobile Version of Website