Powered by Outside

Full suspension frames that can run single speed???

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Full suspension frames that can run single speed???
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
Jason1 wrote:
Fireeye "MATCH"!!!
http://www.fireeye-bike.com/new_&_news.htm
I posted that in the 3rd post of the thread.Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Jason1 wrote:
Fireeye "MATCH"!!!
http://www.fireeye-bike.com/new_&_news.htm
I posted that in the 3rd post of the thread.Rolleyes

sorry... didn't notice that..hope u don't mind:P

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
It offends me greatly. Rabble, rabble, rabble.

p.s. Razz

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
mxmitch wrote:
transition double

Solid frame! Another soild frame thats simliar would be the Jamis Parker.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 0:37 Quote
Sorry but Pakers have a pretty high failure rate.

Dobermann Le Pink with a lowered 36 float awsome bike sold my BlkMkrt mob ss because all I ride is the pink. But I do want a Double or a Morewood Ndiza to replace my geared mob

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
something to understand about full suspension frames with bottom bracket mounted swingarm pivots is that they pedal like complete sh*t

ask any suspension designer about locating the swingarm pivot on the bottom bracket- its absolutely the worst location to locate the pivot as every pedal stroke causes the suspension to compress (squat) which means you are riding a pogo-stick

in the real world, if you are going to run your rear shock with lots of air pressure (Air shock) or a heavy spring (coil shock) and are only riding slopestyle courses or Dirt Jump trails where a couple of pedal strokes is all you need to get moving, its a trade off you will be willing to make, to not have any issues with breaking rear derailleurs, as you want to keep it super simple like a BMX

for riders who are actually pedalling about, its a big fail - get a bike with a proper suspension system, get a chain device at the front and derailleur-based gears at the back and go ride (fast, and efficiently) Wink

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
...but, bottom bracket pivots are cool. Gears are ghey! and who wants a stupid dumb ghey chain tensioner? nobody! I don't care if my bike pedals like crap, kills all my energy, and won't last a year. Efficient suspension is mad overrated. It's all about street cred, don'tcha know.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
It's all about street cred, don'tcha know.

F*ck yeah

that's why I ride a BMX...for street and skatepark Wink

damn...it doesn't even have a brake!

photo

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
something to understand about full suspension frames with bottom bracket mounted swingarm pivots is that they pedal like complete sh*t

ask any suspension designer about locating the swingarm pivot on the bottom bracket- its absolutely the worst location to locate the pivot as every pedal stroke causes the suspension to compress (squat) which means you are riding a pogo-stick

in the real world, if you are going to run your rear shock with lots of air pressure (Air shock) or a heavy spring (coil shock) and are only riding slopestyle courses or Dirt Jump trails where a couple of pedal strokes is all you need to get moving, its a trade off you will be willing to make, to not have any issues with breaking rear derailleurs, as you want to keep it super simple like a BMX

for riders who are actually pedalling about, its a big fail - get a bike with a proper suspension system, get a chain device at the front and derailleur-based gears at the back and go ride (fast, and efficiently) Wink

since this is posted in the dirt jumping/street forum i guessing that it what it is going to be used for. I that case any suspension design would have to be set up really stiff, to avoid bob. the whole basic idea of a dj/street ss fully is to take the harshness out of landings. Where in that case the Pink excels, full cromo, pedals and rides like a ht but so much nicer to land.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
yeah boy! im getting rid of my 24" rigid asap, then i'ma go bust up some fools and get something like 2-4 months locked up. Then when i get out it's all brakeless bmx for me, gonna get SO much cred, its ridiculous.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
dchill wrote:
Where in that case the Pink excels, full cromo, pedals and rides like a ht but so much nicer to land.
do no believe... DO NO BELIEVE!!!

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
hella wrote:
dchill wrote:
Where in that case the Pink excels, full cromo, pedals and rides like a ht but so much nicer to land.
do no believe... DO NO BELIEVE!!!

Do you own one? Have you riden one for an extended amount of time? Well I do and I have. so if you don't know what you are taking about then zip it.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
Nice job staying on topic.
photo

This thing can be run without a tensioner. 24 Flextoys or whatever the shit it's called... It looks pretty good, but I'm skeptical about that URT suspension...

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
Holy f*ck, now I want one.
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
Since I'm on a roll, the OneGhost Wazakashi
photo

That things pretty cool.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016752
Mobile Version of Website