Powered by Outside

Do you DH for fun or competition?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Do you DH for fun or competition?
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:56 Quote
I ride bikes for fun. I race DH bikes for competition.

Kyle,

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 4:31 Quote
I ride mostly for fun, but I mostly ride the fastest I can, that way is the funniest I think! I will race quite a lot next season, it's fun to compare with others and see how u develop, and it's nice to travel with friends to the races and ride new places.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 8:21 Quote
This year it was just knowing the bike, next season i go race nationals.Then after some races we will see if i am even good enough to progress Smile .My goal is to enter Nissan UCI MTB World Championship.Cheers

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 17:37 Quote
That's a horrible question. Even those who race competitively do it for fun.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 18:03 Quote
I ride for exercise... I'm also training and prolly be joining a comp next year.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:38 Quote
Stunt junkie :b

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
I do racing because it makes me feel alive. When your on that start gate,with that sick felling in your gut and thinking to yourself why do I do this,as soon as the geen light is on, the sick feeling goes and its just you,the bike and the mountain. All you can think of is nailing the run and nothing else matters.

Mod
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:05 Quote
racing is where it is at. 10 times funner than just riding. Skills progression goes through the roof when your training for racing I find.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
racing is where it is at. 10 times funner than just riding. Skills progression goes through the roof when your training for racing I find.

Tens times fast then riding....I can't go for just a ride anymore, It might start out nice but I and pinned before I realize it. Gonna be hard to dial it back.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 16:03 Quote
I race alot myself, i like just riding more though

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 16:06 Quote
Either way ur still doing it for fun... if it wasnt fun why would you do itWink

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 18:11 Quote
I been racing for over 17 years now, 12XC and now 5 DH,and let me tell you that you need to race for yourself (need to be self motivated deep inside) then you will have fun for sure,if you race just to be like your buddys but you are not competitive you will hate it,just listen to what your really feel inside you cant go wrong.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 18:13 Quote
both. clip in to win....flats for fun

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 4:32 Quote
im startin racing, cause i wanna see how far i can get, plus i hate being beaten by other people, so im competativeBig Grin

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
Generally for fun, but sometimes for competition...

Greats!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013232
Mobile Version of Website