Powered by Outside

Leat brace VS collarbone

PB Forum :: Downhill
Leat brace VS collarbone
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
You guys laid eyes on the new 661 Droid suit....looks sick. Seems like it functions like the leatt, but also provides core and spine protection. Sick! Get me a Storm Trooper Helmet and I am going racing.....SICK!

photo

looks good. do you think it will offer as much neck protection as the Leatt. Good idea from 661 though. Would be pretty annoying if u break it in a crash though Confused

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
itll be to stick to move , be like a straigght jackett

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
there is only one real way to be sure about that.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
looks a good idea though. Might not work though from a riders point it can only be good to see more neck braces on the market.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
Ive heard of this happening, but a broken collarbone really isnt that big of a deal compared to your life. Make sure that you can fully rotate your arms when you have your armour on with the brace too, that can do some damage

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
yea ive cracked my collarbone cause of my leatt, but id rather that than a broken neck

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 23:13 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
yea ive cracked my collarbone cause of my leatt, but id rather that than a broken neck

the rite attitude! better a small injury than a possible career ending one!

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
george-93 wrote:
itll be to stick to move , be like a straigght jackett

I think this is a moto version, I believe there is a MTB version that has a split in the front so that your torso has more movement.

Can wait to hear the goods on this.

Edit.

Here is the MTB version.

photo

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
Ideally, you want one of the new Cardbotanium (TM) neck braces. Over 9000 times more likely to prevent injury than a Leatt, and they look better.

photo

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
sweet! The first downloadable neck brace, all you have to do is email the template for it and you can stencil your own!tup

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
jumble wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:

the rite attitude! better a small injury than a possible career ending one!

for sure... and that was in mx, not downhill... ive been lucky with only one downhill injury thus far Razz

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
best quote about Leatt was on NSMB.com

Personally, I don't give a shit if you wear one or not. Ride around in fear with a neon green toilet seat around your head all season for all I care-it seems to be fashionable.

classic....

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
kinda the wrong thread but here it goes:

anybody use either two of the Alpinestars Bionic neck braces? im having trouble figuring out what size to get. i used the sizing chart on the a starts website but it doesn't really seem very accurate. im 6'4" 170lbs. it says i need a size small or maybe a medium. im pretty skinny so the charts recommends a small. idk just doesn't seem like thats right. anybody have a A-stars brace? if so what size and whats you weight and height and chest circumference.
Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 13:19 Quote
motostu93 wrote:
kinda the wrong thread but here it goes:

anybody use either two of the Alpinestars Bionic neck braces? im having trouble figuring out what size to get. i used the sizing chart on the a starts website but it doesn't really seem very accurate. im 6'4" 170lbs. it says i need a size small or maybe a medium. im pretty skinny so the charts recommends a small. idk just doesn't seem like thats right. anybody have a A-stars brace? if so what size and whats you weight and height and chest circumference.
Thanks in advance

I am waiting for my brace to show up in Feb. I am a large according to the sizing they use, 44" chest I am 6' 210lbs. At 6'4" and 170lbs you will likely be a smaller chest shape and I bet your measurement is aound 40" Best thing to do it to try and find a dealer and try it on. Fitment is important with any life saving device. Don't rush this purchase.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
im some where around 36 1/2"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036664
Mobile Version of Website