Powered by Outside

Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations
Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 22:48 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
Jackawakkapakka. This is a very versatile hardtail, and u can do things from cross-country adventures to enduro's and even most DH tracks are very rideable with this bike. If u look at Jinya Nishiwaki this guy rides Whistler downhill tracks with this bike so yeah i think its a good bike. And i think you will be very happy with this bike, I run a Dual position Pike on my bike and with a headset that makes the bike 2 degrees slacker with this frontend it makes it very downhill friendly at a 64 degrees head angle and with a flip of the switch my fork goes to 130mm and i got a 65.5 head angle for some cross country riding. Don't expect it to be as comfortable as a fully or even a DH rig. I say savings well spend Big Grin
. Thanks so much! Planning on buying the bike soon if all goes as planned... Ill keep you all updated on my build.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
Here is my Stylus. Just finished it.

2017 Chromag Stylus (goldish brown) (Medium)
2017 fox Factory Float 36 (HSC/LSC) (160mm)
Chromag Seat
27.5 Mavic 830 disc wheels on 36h Hope Pro4 hubs (SRAM xd), dt swiss spokes and brass nipples.
RaceFace Next 35mm Handlebars 20mm rise
FaceFace Turbine R 35 stem in 40mm length (hope this is right)
Crane Creek 40 headset
MRP AMG V2 Carbon Ring Guide (i know prob dont need this)
Chromag seat post and clamp (will get a dropper at some point but dont know what i need yet)
Hope disks 180/203mm
Hope Race Evo4 front and rear brakes
Wolf Tooth headset spacers
Raceface Lock on grips
Race Face Turbine 1x CrankSet 175mm / 32 tooth
SRAM xx1 eagle 12 speed shifter, Derailler, Chain, and cassette (gold versions)
scwalbe hans damph 27.5x2.35 (i went cheap as I don't know what I want yet and will swap them out later if I want to go wider)

photo

photo

photo

J

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
damn that thing looks ready to party.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
Wow! That's awesome. Yours is set up similar to mine. That color looks badass I kinda wish I would have went with that sometimes instead of the yellow. I've been loving mine

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 16:19 Quote
Some newer pics of mine. Added a riser bar and 45mm stem to get the cockpit a bit higher. Rides greats even in the midwest heat and humidity. So weird though.., In the pictures of other peoples 2017 Stylus's the toptube seems lower and closer to the down tube. Mine is definitely higher and farther from the down tube. I guess thats because my frame is a large. Still a noticeable difference (in the pictures).
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
Hi,

Ive got a 2014 Stylus frame (26") being delivered for my first build but cant find a definitive answer on what size wheels it takes in terms of axle. Anyone know?

Cheer.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
135x10 with fun bolts or 135 with QR axle.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
austenselk wrote:
135x10 with fun bolts or 135 with QR axle.
Thanks for the info!

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
Have posted mine before.. still no dropper (new baby this year, will get one in the spring :p), but still loving it, pretty versatile and pretty fun!!
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
Curious about how everyone with the 2017 Stylus is liking it. I've been riding mine a lot and while I do like it feels kinda dead to me. As in not very playful. My 2014 Stylus was so easy to manual and launch of drops. It was one of the most playful bikes I have ever owned so it's strange that this newer one feels so different to me. Like I said I do like the bike but after switching out the stem and messing with stack height numerous times I still can't get it anywhere close to where my other one was. Anyone else experience this? I'm running a short stem, wide bars, and a 160 fork.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 22:54 Quote
I don't know how much they changed the geo from 16 to 17, but that's kinda how I felt about mine, a 2016, till I dropped the fork from 160 to 140. The bike felt so much more receptive to input with a little steeper angles.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 23:02 Quote
I had a 2014 and then a 2015 frame. From there they went... Longer. Lower. Slacker.

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 9:59 Quote
Can anyone please confirm that the 2015 Stylus frame will accept a Maxxis 2.4 Highroller? I've got the frame, Hope hubs and rims to build up a set of 27.5 Stan's Flow EXs but want to confirm that a decent sized rear tire will fit. Frame is 2015 Stylus 26" without the stealth dropper routing and with 135mm dropouts, but with the 44/56 tapered head tube.

Thanks in advance!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017911
Mobile Version of Website