Powered by Outside

2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 6:41 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Bummer. Not quite a deal breaker, but for what carbon frames are going for, this needs to be standard IMO.

Meh, doesn't bother me much. Allows for different routing options (moto routing) and with the foam tubing it's silent. A little more involved on initial install, but not a big deal. In my experience tube in tube routing, although an easier install, is louder since fit isn't tight enough to prevent rattling but not wide enough to accommodate foam tubing.

My only gripe with the cable routing on this frame is the dropper routing. The way it routes under the lower shock mount and up into the seat tube is a pain in the ass to feed in or out when you need to remove the post. Much easier removing the shock first, which is a pain in the ass in itself...

O+
Posted: May 30, 2023 at 9:32 Quote
Good to know on the dropper routing. I use the foam on my alloy bikes, and it does keep it pretty silent, but it’s a pain whenever I’m replacing shifter/dropper housing, especially when I have to go through a rear triangle. Brakes are usually one and done. Noise from guided routing shouldn’t have to be an issue. Maybe I’m just too demanding haha

O+
Posted: May 31, 2023 at 9:13 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
freerider11 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Does the carbon Troy use a tube in tube system for cable routing?

No. Just entry and exit ports with cables running through the open frame. Comes with Jagwire foam tubing to prevent rattling.

Bummer. Not quite a deal breaker, but for what carbon frames are going for, this needs to be standard IMO.

It's a couple years old now but, for what it's worth, the cable routing is easy on that frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008890
Mobile Version of Website