Powered by Outside

2024 Trek Slash

PB Forum :: Trek
2024 Trek Slash
O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2024 at 19:56 Quote
I’ve got a zeb select + on my slash, but have a pike rc on a street hardtail. I’d say the biggest difference in damper feel would be less mid stroke support with the rc, but it isn’t terrible.

Can you ride it first and see how it goes? Pretty pricey to upgrade to the ultimate stuf with the buttercups…

Quote="ThunderChunk"]So for those of you with the select RC, how do you find the performance? I'm coming from an ohlins 36 EVO and a boxxer ultimate. Slightly worried about the Zeb for long park days[/Quote]

Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 0:21 Quote
Right now i just rode it on hometrails that are not so "extreme".
On the upcumming weekend I will test it at the bikepark so we will see.

Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 8:40 Quote
select+ charger 3 is pretty decent. I like it a lot more compared to the old select+

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 10:00 Quote
handsomedan wrote:
I’ve got a zeb select + on my slash, but have a pike rc on a street hardtail. I’d say the biggest difference in damper feel would be less mid stroke support with the rc, but it isn’t terrible.

Can you ride it first and see how it goes? Pretty pricey to upgrade to the ultimate stuf with the buttercups…

Quote="ThunderChunk"]So for those of you with the select RC, how do you find the performance? I'm coming from an ohlins 36 EVO and a boxxer ultimate. Slightly worried about the Zeb for long park days
[/Quote]

Good to know thanks. I'm definitely going to ride it first. After being spoiled by ohlins, I just hope it's not a huge downgrade lol. Unfortunately I can't swap my ohlins fork because it's 27.5. Such a shame as it's basically brand new. Replaced under warranty.

Posted: Mar 30, 2024 at 21:22 Quote
Got a 9.8xt and waiting for ride wrap to come in!

Has anyone gone full 29? Any reviews? I’ve ordered the link. From previous experiences I hate the Bontrager carbon rims it comes with. Very deflective. Not super stoked to be replacing wheels right off the hop.

Posted: Mar 30, 2024 at 21:59 Quote
BrianColes wrote:

Has anyone gone full 29? Any reviews? I’ve ordered the link. From previous experiences I hate the Bontrager carbon rims it comes with. Very deflective. Not super stoked to be replacing wheels right off the hop.

I've not had an issue with the Carbon Bonty rims With conti tyres - i kept these from my Slash and I've not had an issue - been going strong for 2 years. With constant bike park trips etc.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 8:15 Quote
I’m riding an xl with 29er rear wheel. Can’t speak to the bontrager wheels as I haven’t ridden them. I have a buddy who does and the warranty is pretty awesome, they just replace your whole wheel if you break a rim.

I demoed a large mullet and it probably was a little snappier in the corners, but I’m not sure how much of that was due to it being a bit smaller overall. I like climbing better on the 29er for sure and descending on straight lines. Don’t feel like I’m giving much up in the corners.

Quote="BrianColes"]Got a 9.8xt and waiting for ride wrap to come in!

Has anyone gone full 29? Any reviews? I’ve ordered the link. From previous experiences I hate the Bontrager carbon rims it comes with. Very deflective. Not super stoked to be replacing wheels right off the hop.[/Quote]

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 5:23 Quote
BrianColes wrote:

I've been running NOBL wheels for a while and recently build a set of DT 350s laced to the Bonty Line Pro rims and I would agree, they are pretty deflective. I use these as a backup set or for big days on the bike because they're sub 1700g, but the difference is surprising. Now I want another set of NOBL wheels, specifically the TR35, to replace these and match the feel of my TR37.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 14:20 Quote
handsomedan wrote:
Interesting… do you know more about the 3D printed chain retention mod? Name of shop?

Also, what about the e-13 guide is better than the mrp? Only asking because I’m curious if the fix was non transmission drive train vs lower guide…

Thanks for the update.

Did you ever get the 3d file for the MRP?

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 15:28 Quote
Dixonblack wrote:

Did you ever get the 3d file for the MRP?

Also interested in this 3D file.

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 17:47 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
BrianColes wrote:

I've been running NOBL wheels for a while and recently build a set of DT 350s laced to the Bonty Line Pro rims and I would agree, they are pretty deflective. I use these as a backup set or for big days on the bike because they're sub 1700g, but the difference is surprising. Now I want another set of NOBL wheels, specifically the TR35, to replace these and match the feel of my TR37.

I'm running Line Pro 29's on my 9.8 and can't really complain about them though I'm due for spoke re-tensioning.
What do you like better about the nobls?

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 20:40 Quote
Nope, haven’t heard anything yet…

Quote="Dixonblack"]
handsomedan wrote:
Interesting… do you know more about the 3D printed chain retention mod? Name of shop?

Also, what about the e-13 guide is better than the mrp? Only asking because I’m curious if the fix was non transmission drive train vs lower guide…

Thanks for the update.

Did you ever get the 3d file for the MRP?[/Quote]

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 8:23 Quote
I've bent 2 lower idlers so far... anyone else have any issues? I think the metal is super flimsy and easy to bend.

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 9:31 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I've bent 2 lower idlers so far... anyone else have any issues? I think the metal is super flimsy and easy to bend.

Haven't bent one yet. Was thinking of upgrading to the SL version with the alloy backplate vs the stock steel one.

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 10:26 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:

I haven't bent one but I did have an idler seize.
The stamped metal piece feels pretty heavy, surprised you bent 2 of them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017405
Mobile Version of Website