PB Forum :: Kona
What do people have aginst Kona??
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
zune wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:
iRideNZ wrote:
yeaya cowan

photo

Now thats starting to look like a dirtjump bike. All of their older bikes, like i have a 2007 kona stuff and its more like a freeride hardtailer

are you joking, What kinda jump bike needs a chain guide and gears and a front brake?
a bike that appeals to beginners with all round use. so you can swing one way or the other, to dh or dsp

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
AmirB wrote:
liopy wrote:
Either way, you suck ass if you buy a kona or a "trendsition"

konas are good bikes and transition too.

you can go ride your crappy specialized now.

transition are great bikes. i sold my stuff for a t.o.p. which i still havent quite goten. but the t.o.p. basically has the same geo as a blkmrkt. u cant call that bad

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
iRideNZ wrote:
zune wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:

Now thats starting to look like a dirtjump bike. All of their older bikes, like i have a 2007 kona stuff and its more like a freeride hardtailer

are you joking, What kinda jump bike needs a chain guide and gears and a front brake?
a bike that appeals to beginners with all round use. so you can swing one way or the other, to dh or dsp

kona's blow for to many reasons to list,bad geo,bad metal,crack like a bitch,list goes on i would never buy a kona,i have seen the 2009 line and i must say they are stepping up,in the couple years theres bikes will be much more popular but for now they suck and dont buy one.and when i say this i mean there hardtails not so much there fullys

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
zune wrote:
rokor wrote:
All Im saying is people sometimes want gears, maybe they ride more than just jumps. And considering Konas geo, their more of a trail bike in a DJ category.
I'm quoting what the guy above said. He said it looks like a jump bike.

Think he measn the frame.

Yah i did, thanks for getting to that for me

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
jeremyhepworth wrote:
iRideNZ wrote:
zune wrote:

kona's blow for to many reasons to list,bad geo,bad metal,crack like a bitch,list goes on i would never buy a kona,i have seen the 2009 line and i must say they are stepping up,in the couple years theres bikes will be much more popular but for now they suck and dont buy one.and when i say this i mean there hardtails not so much there fullys
i find gears can be good because on some run ins you want faster acceleration and on some where you have a decent roll in rampwhere its a high speed jump you want heavier gearing to not pedal out, i got ss because all the run ins are the same here so its the only gear i use, dont see why you need gears for park tho, and it takes me a few seconds maximum a minute to get my front brake off

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
jeremyhepworth wrote:
iRideNZ wrote:

i find gears can be good because on some run ins you want faster acceleration and on some where you have a decent roll in rampwhere its a high speed jump you want heavier gearing to not pedal out, i got ss because all the run ins are the same here so its the only gear i use, dont see why you need gears for park tho, and it takes me a few seconds maximum a minute to get my front brake off

if i had gears i would at lease have a chainguide but on my dj bike i went singlespeed because of breaking too many derailers

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
I honestly don't know how you guys break so many derailers.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
iv bent one on a ledge cause i messed up and fell on it, other than that iv been good, i like thw hite alot and i still run my chain guide with my ss lol, idk why i just like it for now, cause i may put the derailer back on, prolly not tho, SS forever!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:

well im not the smoothest rider and sometimes i case landings on the derailer side

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
i always break them, its always clipping stuff and it can be dangerous to your spokes, andthe cables always stretch and it can be pretty annoying, for me its just more things to go wrong, and if your doing grinds it can get screwed over as well

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

well im not the smoothest rider and sometimes i case landings on the derailer side

how do you case a jump on the deraileur side? was it a failed 180 that turned into a 90?

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
willems wrote:
konarider6666 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

how do you case a jump on the deraileur side? was it a failed 180 that turned into a 90?

no i just sometimes over shoot or undershoot a landing and have to throw the bike

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
willems wrote:
konarider6666 wrote:

no i just sometimes over shoot or undershoot a landing and have to throw the bike

ah.... now youre speaking my language. ha ha.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
That's not the derailers fault, that's just you SOMEHOW landing your bike badly. I've done DJ, Street, DH, FR, all on a hardtail with gears. I've broken one derailer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.106426
Mobile Version of Website