Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 13:11 Quote
barp wrote:
Again with the name-calling. Act your age; I'm embarrassed for you.

Spoken like the giant bitch you are...

Come back when you're old enough to deal with facts that hurt your feelings. Until then, the only people you should be embarrassed for is your parents.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 13:16 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
Played around with the picture on my iPhone app.

Updated (enhanced) picture of my Starley.

Enhanced on an iPhone app.

You get any saddle time on it with the new stem?

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 13:19 Quote
Honestly just kinda love how well everything matches. Came out for a good price, looks great, bet it rides great too. Love it!

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 14:58 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mace-the-amazing wrote:
Played around with the picture on my iPhone app.

Updated (enhanced) picture of my Starley.

Enhanced on an iPhone app.

You get any saddle time on it with the new stem?

Yup. She handles better at high speeds. About 15% ‘twitchy’ with the 100mm stem. It was around 40-50% with the 60mm one, so quite a big improvement. I still need to ride more to adjust to the bike and handle her better.

It’s been pissing it down all day, and rain is forecast until Tuesday. If there’s any dry (temporary) weather during the day, in between then and Tuesday, I’ll take her for a quick spin around the block.

I’m scared of riding on damp roads and crashing her after seeing how delicate that carbon road bikes are.

Somebody suggested Continental GP4000 tyres for wet conditions, so I’ll order a pair next week, unless anyone knows a better alternative?

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 15:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Honestly just kinda love how well everything matches. Came out for a good price, looks great, bet it rides great too. Love it!

Thanks Sherb. I’m very happy with the bike. She’s my most favourite I’ve owned, and glad my dream came true of owning a carbon road bike.

The bike rides very well. It’s more of me learning how to handle/control her, but the bike isn’t too difficult to ride. I just need to get a few more rides in, and then I think I’ll be able to control her better.

I made space in my bedroom earlier, so the bikes in my man cave now, lol.

I live in a one bedroom apartment/flat, and have no garage or shed/storage.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 16:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
barp wrote:

Spoken like the giant bitch you are...

Come back when you're old enough to deal with facts that hurt your feelings. Until then, the only people you should be embarrassed for is your parents.

Funny, I think it's clear you're the one who needs to act his age.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 16:45 Quote
sherbet wrote:
barp wrote:

Can you stop trying to audit someone's language? The mods have weighed in on this a few times before, and simply say act like an adult and ignore him if he's bothering you. He's been here for ages, he's always chatted like this, and honestly, if you can't handle some random stranger on the internet calling you a c*nt from time to time, you should take a step back and ask yourself how much this really matters.

We're here to talk about bikes. Can we get to that or do we need to wait for your blessing?

I will never stop standing up for civility.

"He's always been that way" is no excuse for dragging down the level of discourse. If you let impolite people shout down the rest, then you have an impolite forum because lots of nice people can't be bothered to even try.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 18:35 Quote
here is my allroad with the new wheel and tires. Also swapped out to a thomson 90mm stem I had laying around. Had a 40mm renthal on for the offroad setup. Have a handful of new parts on the way for this bike. Not sure if I want to keep this frame setup for road and then pickup something like a Evil Chamois and build that for my dropbar trail bike or buy a new frame for road and put this allroad back to my offroad setup.

Got a 50 mile ride in today which I am stoked on. I did my first 30 mile ride 2 weeks ago.

photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 20:20 Quote
barp wrote:
Funny, I think it's clear you're the one who needs to act his age.

Says the guy still crying like a bitch because he was associated with hipsters... not sure if that's deliberate comedic irony or just more of your general stupidity, but it's prime amusement either way.

Not to worry lil guy, the list of things you think that don't bear any resemblance to reality is near endless no doubt, so we'll just add this latest thought to the list.

Honestly, if I'd have known calling out as a hipster c*nt would hurt you so much, I'd have done it on purpose but it's good to know I accidentally landed right on the truth.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 20:23 Quote
barp wrote:

I will never stop standing up for civility.

"He's always been that way" is no excuse for dragging down the level of discourse. If you let impolite people shout down the rest, then you have an impolite forum because lots of nice people can't be bothered to even try.

What did I tell you about using words you don't understand?

Discourse implies discussion or authoritative knowledge, both of which you've proven entirely incapable of. The only things you've had to offer in the last several pages were some tears, some ignorance, some emotion, and a handful of amusing strawman arguments. You're either a child, or someone with a child's brain. Shame we can't have this chat in person.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 20:25 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Thanks Sherb. I’m very happy with the bike. She’s my most favourite I’ve owned, and glad my dream came true of owning a carbon road bike.

The bike rides very well. It’s more of me learning how to handle/control her, but the bike isn’t too difficult to ride. I just need to get a few more rides in, and then I think I’ll be able to control her better.

I made space in my bedroom earlier, so the bikes in my man cave now, lol.

I live in a one bedroom apartment/flat, and have no garage or shed/storage.
Rule 1 of wet riding:
If your ever get caught out in the rain, stay off painted lines.. those suckers get really slick when wet.

GP4k's are decent in wet weather as all around tires go but if you really want to ride in the wet, the Corsa Control's have the best wet weather performance of any tire I've ever ridden. Highly recommend if you're gonna run a dedicated "winter" tire.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 20:28 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
here is my allroad with the new wheel and tires. Also swapped out to a thomson 90mm stem I had laying around. Had a 40mm renthal on for the offroad setup. Have a handful of new parts on the way for this bike. Not sure if I want to keep this frame setup for road and then pickup something like a Evil Chamois and build that for my dropbar trail bike or buy a new frame for road and put this allroad back to my offroad setup.

Got a 50 mile ride in today which I am stoked on. I did my first 30 mile ride 2 weeks ago.

photo

I'd try to get some demo time if you can before jumping all in on a Chamois Hagar... it'll be radically different feeling from your current bike. Interesting approach, fun ride, but ultimately not for me after I was able to ride one for a half hour. YMMV but, imo, it was just a couple steps too far into the mtb geometry for something I want to ride mixed terrain on while not being quite beefy enough to be at home flogging in the dirt like you would an XC or trail hardtail.

Posted: Jul 22, 2023 at 23:36 Quote
ktm87 wrote:

photo

Please fix that bar tape, it's going to give me nightmares. Eek

Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 2:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Rule 1 of wet riding:
If your ever get caught out in the rain, stay off painted lines.. those suckers get really slick when wet.

GP4k's are decent in wet weather as all around tires go but if you really want to ride in the wet, the Corsa Control's have the best wet weather performance of any tire I've ever ridden. Highly recommend if you're gonna run a dedicated "winter" tire.

Cheers. I'll look up the Corsa tyres now. As long as I can ride on wet days, instead of losing out on riding.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2023 at 7:03 Quote
seraph wrote:

Please fix that bar tape, it's going to give me nightmares. Eek

haha I have new bars on the way so just waiting for them to come in and then I can get fresh tape on there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.069835
Mobile Version of Website