Powered by Outside

Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
AkuskaUK wrote:
From wanting one for over two years and reading EVERY page in this tread... I finally saved enough to afford my own! What do you guys think?

photo

Only one small problem is that the frame is a 'small', being 6ft4 I can throw it around so easily but I'm looking for a 'large' frame, anyone want to swap?

oh my fix foot four and a size small, wow, what made you go for the small?

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:
From wanting one for over two years and reading EVERY page in this tread... I finally saved enough to afford my own! What do you guys think?

photo

Only one small problem is that the frame is a 'small', being 6ft4 I can throw it around so easily but I'm looking for a 'large' frame, anyone want to swap?

When i bought the bike it was advertised as a large, upon riding it back home for the first time it feel slightly cramped but due to being told that most downhill bikes are quite small i thought that it was normal. From the excitement of finally getting one i overlooked looking at the frame size or the telltale signs (seatpost triangle has no hole, downtube is bent instead of being 'straiter') and then realised that it was a small. It does look tiny on me but i find i can ride it with no problems and throw it around!

I am looking at buying / trading a larger frame, but for now I'm still very happy with it!

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 16:44 Quote
AkuskaUK wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:

photo

When i bought the bike it was advertised as a large, upon riding it back home for the first time it feel slightly cramped but due to being told that most downhill bikes are quite small i thought that it was normal. From the excitement of finally getting one i overlooked looking at the frame size or the telltale signs (seatpost triangle has no hole, downtube is bent instead of being 'straiter') and then realised that it was a small. It does look tiny on me but i find i can ride it with no problems and throw it around!

I am looking at buying / trading a larger frame, but for now I'm still very happy with it!

Must be very easy to throw around. I'm 6'2" and i was on a medium. Easy to throw around, but it was definitely too small. This time i went for a large frame on my new bike and it is definitely much more comfortable.

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
moshun wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:

Must be very easy to throw around. I'm 6'2" and i was on a medium. Easy to throw around, but it was definitely too small. This time i went for a large frame on my new bike and it is definitely much more comfortable.

Im looking for a large frame only kit or a trade with someone, is there an easy way to get one? Cant seem to find any online Frown

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 23:11 Quote
AkuskaUK wrote:
moshun wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:

Im looking for a large frame only kit or a trade with someone, is there an easy way to get one? Cant seem to find any online Frown

Good luck finding just a large frame! I've been looking for a year and in the end just bit the bullet and bought a 2015 Status II large whole bike. Will swap the parts around and sell my medium frame with brand new 2015 kit.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 7:02 Quote
AkuskaUK wrote:
moshun wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:

Did you get the bike from a shop?

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
Nice bikes
Funny story about the med vs lrg frames...I've always ridden mediums...but on some brands, I seemed in between a med and lrg for that perfect fit...no big deal. Did a small size one yr...pretty fun, but ultimately just too small.
Late last fall here...asked the shop to try out a med Status and a med Kona (Entourage I think)...both were on sale, I didn't really feel partial to one or the other...so the test ride was the only factor.
Status just fit more comfy. So home it comes.
Cleaning it up...low and behold, there's an "L" sticker hidden under a bunch of cables...check some frame measurements against the website specs....I bought a lrg, not a med. Could have returned the bike but have decided to try it....only have a couple runs on it before I got too busy and winter settled in. Definitely a little harder to get the front up(I also have a 200mm DC on it)...but seems so stable and roomy for sure...swapped out the stem for a 40mm...have yet to try it like that.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
loopie wrote:
Nice bikes
Funny story about the med vs lrg frames...I've always ridden mediums...but on some brands, I seemed in between a med and lrg for that perfect fit...no big deal. Did a small size one yr...pretty fun, but ultimately just too small.
Late last fall here...asked the shop to try out a med Status and a med Kona (Entourage I think)...both were on sale, I didn't really feel partial to one or the other...so the test ride was the only factor.
Cleaning it up...low and behold, there's an "L" sticker hidden under a bunch of cables...check some frame measurements against the website specs....I bought a lrg, not a med. Could have returned the bike but have decided to try it....only have a couple runs on it before I got too busy and winter settled in. Definitely a little harder to get the front up(I also have a 200mm DC on it)...but seems so stable and roomy for sure...swapped out the stem for a 40mm...have yet to try it like that.

Want to trade it for a small? Wink

sdiz wrote:
AkuskaUK wrote:
moshun wrote:

Did you get the bike from a shop?

Nope Frown Bought it off here!

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
loopie wrote:
Nice bikes

Yeah mine is Large too and I'm 6ft. Always been on mediums, then a friend got himself a large Aurum from Ben Reid, wouldn't shut up at me to get a large when I was buying the status so I said I'd give it a go and I love it! It's harder to manual but I feel it's way more stable on the ground or in the air. But without feeling overly huge in comparison to a medium

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
Anyone know the inner diameter for x-fusion shock spring?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
Sweenox wrote:
Anyone know the inner diameter for x-fusion shock spring?

38.1mm the same as on a FOX VAN RC

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
Just picked up a brand new 2015 Status II and noticed something interesting when I was switching parts over to my old status frame. The single crown x fusion fork fits a 584mm (27.5in) wheel with enough clearance to run a 2.35 Magic Mary. So if anyone has this fork and wants to run a bigger wheel up front you can!
I'll post pics of the new frame with my current setup asap.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 12:34 Quote
Hey all. I'm selling my 888 with odi lock on bumpers and status wheelset if anyone wants them.

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 0:30 Quote
so i want to make my status lighter and a little better can anyone suggest what things you would upgrade to
bars spank spoon
stem spank spike directer
headset fsa orbit zero stack
fork 2011 boxxer team with charger damper upgrade
rims spank tweet tweet 28 tubeles with kneda 2.5 front and 2.35 rear nevagal tomacs
hubs dmr revolver front sun ringle jumping flee 12mm rear
cranks bb raceface atlas freeride 165 with raceface bb and 36 tooth front narrow wide ring
chain guide E13 chainguide
pedals ht aeo3 (spacejunk) untral thin pedals
shifter derailer saint shifter slx derailer mid cage 36-11 9 speed
rear shock cane creek DB coil
brakes slx 2014
norco seat

i ride mostly wet rocks and roots along with moderate sized jumps and drops with some rough to flat landings [PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]
My new frame build
note old tires in picture

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 0:37 Quote
Well it already appears like a pretty good build, so most likely not too heavy either. I suppose these hubs aren't the lightest out there, and Spike rims instead of Tweets save, I believe, about 50g a rim, which isn't too shabby on a rim actually. Then I'd possibly go for a ti spring and an air spring for the fork, but not everyone likes it. Other than that there isn't much where you could save weight for reasonable money. Oh but the saddle, that thing just looks heavy. Even if it isn't, if I were a scale, I'd bend under it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015740
Mobile Version of Website