Powered by Outside

Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.
Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:35 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
True, but here in vic you can wait a week to get a part in, but the guy said what if your racing in whistler, well in places like whistler they have the parts you need (more or less)! ( I have first hand experience with the one shops lead mechanic ).
alright alright. but still. im not going wc fast. on my other brakes juicy ultimates i have crashed head first into a rock. my brake lever hit the rock with full force wall racing. the onlt thing that happened was that my lever got a scratch. so... but still STOP BICKERING!

Just order whatever you feel like using. If you are scared of breaking a lever, just order an extra. XO or Elixir CR would all be a fine choice. I liked your original idea of the juicy ultimate's too. Simple, inexpensive (compared to new brakes ), effective enough.
ya, and i love hopes, they just have a more modulation, and it just seems they are higher quality. might just be me.

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:42 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

alright alright. but still. im not going wc fast. on my other brakes juicy ultimates i have crashed head first into a rock. my brake lever hit the rock with full force wall racing. the onlt thing that happened was that my lever got a scratch. so... but still STOP BICKERING!

Just order whatever you feel like using. If you are scared of breaking a lever, just order an extra. XO or Elixir CR would all be a fine choice. I liked your original idea of the juicy ultimate's too. Simple, inexpensive (compared to new brakes ), effective enough.
ya, and i love hopes, they just have a more modulation, and it just seems they are higher quality. might just be me.

Then get them, don't listen to these guys bicker all day about not getting parts. How often do people actually brake levers? I have only broken one in seven years.

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:43 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:

Then get them, don't listen to these guys bicker all day about not getting parts. How often do people actually brake levers? I have only broken one in seven years.
good point. and if i become a wc racer. im pretty sure they carry spare brakesets

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:44 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
good point. and if i become a wc racer. im pretty sure they carry spare brakesets

thats right. lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

thats right. lol

If you become a WC racer you will not ride this bike. Not that this is a bad bike, but you would be sponsored, and the company would want you to ride the latest and greatest bike!

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 17:27 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
so. what brakes? codes or X.0?
or hope mono 6 ti?
Formula "The One"
Amazing brakes.

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 18:18 Quote
McFuggles wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
or hope mono 6 ti?
Formula "The One"
Amazing brakes.
i think im going with hopes

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 20:52 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
McFuggles wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
or hope mono 6 ti?
Formula "The One"
Amazing brakes.

sounds good, what shifter

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 21:12 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
McFuggles wrote:

Formula "The One"
Amazing brakes.

not sure yet

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 21:14 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

not sure yet

Don't you have xo's on your RM, why don't you take them off that and put cheaper x7's or x9's on the RM, and put the xo's on you trek?

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 21:14 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

not sure yet

Don't you have xo's on your RM, why don't you take them off that and put cheaper x7's or x9's on the RM, and put the xo's on you trek?
because i want matching shifters on my rm. so ya

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 21:20 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

not sure yet

Hmmm, in that case it's two simple questions: sram vs shimano and how much you want to spend!

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 21:40 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

Hmmm, in that case it's two simple questions: sram vs shimano and how much you want to spend!

Shimano = WINNAR!!!.... but youre probably already used to SRAM.... so yeah....

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 5:08 Quote
Its pretty much down to personal opinion on feel. Shimano is a silky feeling smooth shift while SRAM is more of a definitive reassuring click (nice kind of solid but light click). Personally I like the SRAM feel myself. I have had way more luck with longevity issues with SRAM. I have tuned tons and tons of derailleurs while working in a shop and the SRAM's tend to stay in tune longer and have a way longer life span the the shimano. You cant beat another XO set.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 7:11 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
Its pretty much down to personal opinion on feel. Shimano is a silky feeling smooth shift while SRAM is more of a definitive reassuring click (nice kind of solid but light click). Personally I like the SRAM feel myself. I have had way more luck with longevity issues with SRAM. I have tuned tons and tons of derailleurs while working in a shop and the SRAM's tend to stay in tune longer and have a way longer life span the the shimano. You cant beat another XO set.
im just like you then. i have used shimano since my norco scrambler... lol. i like the click too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013111
Mobile Version of Website