What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 20:10 Quote
PedalShopLLC wrote:
just finished a nice, new rocky chunder of thunder rock garden trail... moving tones of rocks around so it's possible to navigate through the field.

then it starts raining and hasn't stopped now 3 days later... might not stop until Sunday.

rocks are ssssssslick a F when they're wet and it's ankle busting time if you veer off course in this rock garden

Sounds like you did it right. Go ride!

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 15:31 Quote
when it seems everyone has time to ride but when it rains for the first time in months they have no time to build. Blank Stare

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
when it seems everyone has time to ride but when it rains for the first time in months they have no time to build. Blank Stare
]\\

me

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
running from the forest service... what an exciting morning

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 19:24 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

Then when your done building fr the day they criticize your building skills.

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
Then when your done building fr the day they criticize your building skills.[/Quote]

This makes me so pissed

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
rymandh wrote:
Then when your done building fr the day they criticize your building skills.

This makes me so pissed[/Quote]

Are people really stupid enough to do that ? If some one bad mouthed my work I'd be pissed , especially if they didn't build them selves , which is quite likely as most people are so lazy that if all trails were taken away today they would just give up biking rather than making some new lines...

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

+ 127984582783

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
Almost after every time i go and build my jump some kids destroy the lip and make it about half its size. What should i do?

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
Rocky soil

A few verbal curses and bent shovel tips and its smooth as silk.

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 17:28 Quote
rocks, rocks, rocks and more rocks...

ha ha... looks like I'm riding solo through this stuff... nobody else is willing to roll the stuff I make.

[PV=https://www.pinkbike.com/video/424791/]

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/424791/

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 23:21 Quote
rymandh wrote:
Almost after every time i go and build my jump some kids destroy the lip and make it about half its size. What should i do?

Make them cry ?

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 23:24 Quote
We confronted the parents at our spot. They get really pissy but most adults who act like adults will respect hard work. Just explain the literal amount of work and time it takes to shape a proper jump and try to make them realize that their kids are ruining hours of work. Be polite, we even offered to "teach" the kids how to ride the pumptrack.

If the dad gets in your face just back off and make him realize what a bad example he is for his kids. That gets people to f*ck off pretty quickly.

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 23:44 Quote
durza11 wrote:
We confronted the parents at our spot. They get really pissy but most adults who act like adults will respect hard work. Just explain the literal amount of work and time it takes to shape a proper jump and try to make them realize that their kids are ruining hours of work. Be polite, we even offered to "teach" the kids how to ride the pumptrack.

If the dad gets in your face just back off and make him realize what a bad example he is for his kids. That gets people to f*ck off pretty quickly.
also mention that if their destroying your jumps there's a WAY bigger risk factor of someone getting hurt

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014012
Mobile Version of Website