Powered by Outside

Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 1:10 Quote
seraph wrote:
I have delusions of getting an Enve MOG some day, but honestly my SW Crux is such a machine that it's hard to think about replacing it.

MOG's nice for sure.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 1:12 Quote
I've located the correct caliper + adapter, ordered some Ultradynamico Cava Race 33's and some ti hardware.

I aim to apply some frame protection later this week and I'll be able to get some shots of the frameset and parts I've collected so far.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 0:33 Quote
I rode today, only about 17 miles, but it's my first ride in quite a while. Hopefully the first of many. I plan to get back up to 40-50 mile ride length by the end of the summer.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 5:16 Quote
FFS it's been impossible to get out. Really Mad

I need to get some new hoods and a re-tape on the old Allez.

Hoods for those old Super Record levers are kinda stupid $$. I bought some NOS ones a few years back and they're just crumbling apart. Modolo 919's would probably help these old hands, but shit, those are pricey. A'me hoods might be ok, just haven't found natural. I'd like to keep it authentic-ish, but hell, I may just wind up with a pair of those re-pops on e/bay.

I got it back on the road with some donated Fizik tape from my step-brother that feels like it's 5mm thick. I really should never have removed my old Benotto tape from it. That stuff is more than I'd like to shell out for anymore. Cry

...and need to build up a 7-speed cassette for it too. Haven't found the right deal yet though.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 6:58 Quote
All I hear are excuses adm750….

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 8:29 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
All I hear are excuses adm750….

hahaha.....yeah, that's all I seem to hear too.

The bike is not keeping me off of it. All the other f*cking horseshit going on in adm750-ville right now is though.....

some life changes need to be made...

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 10:33 Quote
Totally relate to the struggle... between work schedule and my increasingly f*cked knee, I've been really behind in riding. Lucky if I can sneak in 45 minutes to an hour a couple times a week recently. 135 days in the year so far, I've spent 40 of them in hotels and I'll be gone all of next week as well... and I'm definitely gonna need another surgery on my troublesome knee here sooner rather than later.

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 14:08 Quote
dude, that's crazy but I see your rides pop up so you're definitely getting shit done out there. Salute

sucks about the knees man.

I've been getting some oddball pains in my knees recently but I've also been doing a lot of leg work getting ready for race season and to keep the sciatica pain at bay. I've also done a few runs with my daughter which my knees and shins rebel against like a Columbia University student body.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 0:16 Quote
Black tape, black outers and tan hoods.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 23:24 Quote
TBH I am not liking the orange calipers with the frame color. Maybe it'll look better when it's complete though.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 23:43 Quote
No worries mate, to each their own.

I was torn between purple or orange, but considering I'm Dutch and all.....I figured I'd stick with the orange.

The rest of components will be shades of black / carbon with some silver details as lettering on the components.

Wheels for now will be glossy black without labels.

The tires come with the tan side wall and grey contact surface. I think it'll work nicely but then again, I'll have to see it first to get the complete picture. If it's too busy I'll change to black tires.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 3:06 Quote
Got back from a 4 day gravel 500km bike packing trip last Sunday, worked abroad for a few days and next thing I know it's 9 days between rides. Crazy!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013238
Mobile Version of Website