Powered by Outside

Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
Interestingly with these really long reach bikes im finding it might be more difficult to drop the heels to stay in control, especially is noticable with flats where sometimes the choice is between front end traction or dropping the heels which can lead to a runaway train feeling. Maybe its why most enduro guys decide to downsize idk

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Interestingly with these really long reach bikes im finding it might be more difficult to drop the heels to stay in control, especially is noticable with flats where sometimes the choice is between front end traction or dropping the heels which can lead to a runaway train feeling. Maybe its why most enduro guys decide to downsize idk

My supreme is long af but I have no problem dropping my heels in attack position

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
top 3 guys in EWS at the moment are on smaller bikes FYI.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Bike size is really trail dependent. Most of the stuff they are racing Europe has really tight switchback type turns that make riding a longer bike harder. If you are in a bike park or DH course the trails are usually more wide open and turns are less restrictive.

That's why DH bikes are getting long and people are pulling back in some enduros. So if you have tight switchback trails with janky corners that are difficult to navigate shorter is better. If you have more wide open high speed trails you will benefit from the extra length.

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Hi guys , i have a Rockshox Boxxer team coil , and when i have the rebound set to fast the fork tops out when i pull hard on the bars is this normal ?
Thanks .

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Bike size is really trail dependent. Most of the stuff they are racing Europe has really tight switchback type turns that make riding a longer bike harder. If you are in a bike park or DH course the trails are usually more wide open and turns are less restrictive.

That's why DH bikes are getting long and people are pulling back in some enduros. So if you have tight switchback trails with janky corners that are difficult to navigate shorter is better. If you have more wide open high speed trails you will benefit from the extra length.

This is why i believe bikes should come with adjustable wheel base/chainstays, we lack basic adjustment to dial in our bikes, flip chips are rarely used and are an excuse for "look you can adjust it"

something i would consider( as an enduro as an example) an instant buy even for extra $$ is for me
LArge
HA 64
R 480/5 with adjustable(flippable cups)
CS 430 to 445 (obviously in-between sizes)
STA just be whatever works but around 77.7-78
stack 620
BB just whatever, somewhere in the middle of everything.
Maybe even mullet option
Not fased on suspension design aslong as low ratio.

sign me up for those numbers, adjustable full 1 bike quiver, wont happen as will hurt overall sales but man i would pay extra for that stuff.
Couldnt care less for inframe storage or anything like that

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:

Yup! This is why I went longer for my dh and downsized on my Enduro bike. There's been times where my Enduro was in the shop so I either pushed or shuttled my dh on the same trails. I had a really bad time. Had to walk the tight turns (more advanced riders would have no problem though)

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
Hi all i am new to downhill and have a giant glory 2012-14 world cup edition bike and I took apart my forks to respray my lower legs and have lost the part that sits in-between the bottom of the headset tube and forks and cant find an answer anywhere to what the part is called i believe its a chamfered bearing of some sort any help would be appreciated

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
GloryPabs342 wrote:
Hi all i am new to downhill and have a giant glory 2012-14 world cup edition bike and I took apart my forks to respray my lower legs and have lost the part that sits in-between the bottom of the headset tube and forks and cant find an answer anywhere to what the part is called i believe its a chamfered bearing of some sort any help would be appreciated

It will be tricky to tell you exactly what part it is. Could be a headset bearing or a spacer. Best thing would be to take it to a bike shop and that way they can see it in person.

Sounds like you just need a new headset

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
yeah cant tell from your description if it's the bearing or the crown race that the bearings sit on.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
Has anyone ever converted a set of Marzocchi Bomber 58s from 27.5 to 29 by using a Fox 49 lower?

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
So I bent my dh38 lowers in a crash and stripped my rear shock trunnion mount on my demo race 29. I was wondering if I could put an air shock on the 2020 demo?

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
dhsender1234 wrote:
So I bent my dh38 lowers in a crash and stripped my rear shock trunnion mount on my demo race 29. I was wondering if I could put an air shock on the 2020 demo?

Wow, you've had an expensive few days. Stripping a trunnion mount is quite an achievement. Yeah you can run air, probably won't want too many volume spacers though or you'll never see full travel without making the initial stroke feel like a waterbed.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
dhsender1234 wrote:

Jesus. How bad was the crash

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dhsender1234 wrote:

Jesus. How bad was the crash
surprisingly It wasn’t that bad, just unlucky enough to catch my front wheel on a root and the bike threw me forward. Surprisingly no injuries though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019505
Mobile Version of Website