Powered by Outside

2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
I'm just under your size and went with a S3... no regrets. 29er though.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I'm just under your size and went with a S3... no regrets. 29er though.

Thank you.

Any other recommendations out there? Especially from someone on a 27.5? I see the sizing is slightly different.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:18 Quote
bradendean,

I like long bikes and I don't think it's unreasonable for you to ride the S3, but the S2 is already a fair bit larger than your Range. If the Range feels right to you, the S2 will feel more familiar. If you want to dive into the new, super long geometry, the S3 with a saddle slammed forward will get you there.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
bradendean wrote:
Looking for a size recommendation on the 27.5 Stumpjumper evo. I'm 5'9", 160 lbs. coming from riding a Norco range medium and wondering if I should be on an S2 or S3.

Anyone else out there around my size that can give me a recommendation?

Thanks

S3 for sure.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
bradendean wrote:
Looking for a size recommendation on the 27.5 Stumpjumper evo. I'm 5'9", 160 lbs. coming from riding a Norco range medium and wondering if I should be on an S2 or S3.

Thanks

I would go S2 at your height. The 27.5 has a fairly long reach measurement.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
bradendean wrote:

Thanks
Depends- I ride the normal Stumpjumper at 180cm in Large (445mm Reach=S2 29er Evo)

I wouldnt want a bigger bike again.. especially one with such a low front end.

I would test ride both of them to bei fair- everybody has their own preferences :-)

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 0:57 Quote
The S3 29 Evos stack with a 160mm fork and high setting is about 624mm, if I remember correctly, that's about the same as a Sentinel. One can't look at the headtube in isolation, the BB drop plays a big role here

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
Arierep wrote:
The S3 29 Evos stack with a 160mm fork and high setting is about 624mm, if I remember correctly, that's about the same as a Sentinel. One can't look at the headtube in isolation, the BB drop plays a big role here
I know- but some reviews stated (and I felt it when testing it) that a high riser bar/more spacers would be a nice touch for not so aggressive riders.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 1:40 Quote
Guys, I am selling my s3 29'er. Since moving to Portugal the bike has been sitting idle in my garage and i don't foresee in the near future to use it. Which is a real pity for this bike.
The price is 2600EU.
I have changed the travel front and rear to 170 - 155, and changed the handlebar and stem to Renthal ones (760 Fatbar Lite with 30MM rise and 31MM stem).

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:28 Quote
Has anybody installed the new marzocchi bomber coil kit into their 36 Rhythm yet? Curious to know how it rides. I've been hovering over buy on one for a week or so now.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
Benduro83 wrote:
Has anybody installed the new marzocchi bomber coil kit into their 36 Rhythm yet? Curious to know how it rides. I've been hovering over buy on one for a week or so now.

Why not get the Smashpot and get the Hydraulic Bottom Out control?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
I have the smashpot in the rythym, It's excellent but because of the wild head angle you need to go a lot softer in spring rate than what you think. It only took 4 springs at $100 each to find out lol.

It rides fantastic, grip for days and solves a bit of the front end issues with pushing etc.

The hydraulic bottom out feature is so good, It's seamless and not abrupt.

My only issue (besides the added weight) is the heat shrink can work its way down the coil every now and then resulting in a bit of noise, Not a deal breaker but a bit annoying. The Z1 coil noise mitigation seems a better thought out system.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I have the smashpot in the rythym, It's excellent but because of the wild head angle you need to go a lot softer in spring rate than what you think. It only took 4 springs at $100 each to find out lol.

It rides fantastic, grip for days and solves a bit of the front end issues with pushing etc.

The hydraulic bottom out feature is so good, It's seamless and not abrupt.

My only issue (besides the added weight) is the heat shrink can work its way down the coil every now and then resulting in a bit of noise, Not a deal breaker but a bit annoying. The Z1 coil noise mitigation seems a better thought out system.

I had to get a 10 lb stiffer spring than what was recommended by the Vorsprung chart... also a nice option to change travel.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
I was one of the first few to use it. They revised the chart after basically everyone said the chart was too firm unless you were at pro pace.

Head angle has a big effect on spring rate. Now I’ve swapped to the meta the fork is too soft. It’s a 2 degree difference in head angle

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011935
Mobile Version of Website