Powered by Outside

2024 Trek Slash

PB Forum :: Trek
2024 Trek Slash
O+
Posted: May 18, 2024 at 9:45 Quote
My 11 speed xt drivetrain works great with the internal cable routing.

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 11:43 Quote
T-Type...lol.

Update on the Vivid for those playing along at home. Following the instructions SRAM gives to dial in pressure and volume spacers then fine tuning with LSC/HSC and HBO.

220psi / 2 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: blowing through travel
225psi / 2 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: better but still too many bottom outs on mellow terrain

220psi / 3 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: very plush ride but still a lot of bottoming out
225psi / 3 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: too much ramp...not using all the travel

Trying today:
220psi / 4 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle

For reference - about 185 with riding gear - 220psi is putting me spot on at 30% sag (measured sitting down on the bike)..im also running it as a full 29 set in the 25% shock setting.

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 13:41 Quote
BrianColes wrote:
Does anyone else’s XT shift like crap? Going up the cassette takes a ton of force. My tech changed the cable and housing after a dozen rides because he said the clamp at the chainstay pivot was too tight and restricted the cable. That didn’t fix anything. The derailleur tried to commit suicide into the cassette last night by ghost shifting.

The fact that the cable does two hard 90 bends through the chainstay bridge is mind boggling. I may try and reroute it externally. Just curious if anyone has any tips.
I had xt on a gen 5. Same thing, always felt hard going up the cassette. I think it’s the shimano clutch. Does it still feel the same with the clutch turned off?

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 18:46 Quote
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
BrianColes wrote:
Does anyone else’s XT shift like crap? Going up the cassette takes a ton of force. My tech changed the cable and housing after a dozen rides because he said the clamp at the chainstay pivot was too tight and restricted the cable. That didn’t fix anything. The derailleur tried to commit suicide into the cassette last night by ghost shifting.

The fact that the cable does two hard 90 bends through the chainstay bridge is mind boggling. I may try and reroute it externally. Just curious if anyone has any tips.
I had xt on a gen 5. Same thing, always felt hard going up the cassette. I think it’s the shimano clutch. Does it still feel the same with the clutch turned off?

Yeah still feels bad with the clutch off. I was actually thinking about tightening the clutch to quiet the back end as well. So that would be unfortunate.

My tech buddy has a shimano drivetrain on his Firebird and its feather light going up the cassette. There’s definitely a bit extra there with shimano, but not put your whole wrist into it action.

External reroute didn’t seem like it was going to work as it would rub on the tire.

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 18:48 Quote
wolftwenty1 wrote:
T-Type...lol.

Update on the Vivid for those playing along at home. Following the instructions SRAM gives to dial in pressure and volume spacers then fine tuning with LSC/HSC and HBO.

220psi / 2 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: blowing through travel
225psi / 2 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: better but still too many bottom outs on mellow terrain

220psi / 3 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: very plush ride but still a lot of bottoming out
225psi / 3 spacers / -12 rebound - all setting to middle: too much ramp...not using all the travel

Trying today:

For reference - about 185 with riding gear - 220psi is putting me spot on at 30% sag (measured sitting down on the bike)..im also running it as a full 29 set in the 25% shock setting.

Something seems weird. First, 5psi out of 220 shouldn’t make it go from bottom out to can’t use the travel. That seems weird.

Are you getting a hard, loud bottom out or is your ring just at the end? The latter is totally fine.

Worth noting that the progressive setting is a little less progressive with a 29” rear wheel if you look at the charts.

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 0:26 Quote
I didn’t like how the fork (zeb select plus) was not supportive at all. To me it’s a rock Shox thing and I generally don’t like them. As soon as you put any weight on the fork it’s like there is a negative pressure that instantly pulls the fork down 30mm. No matter how stiff you’d make it, it would always have this to an extent and it would ruin the geo. I am 150lbs and was running 65psi (52 was rec.) and it was comically soft.

I swapped the airspring for an older c1 spring in 180mm and it is night and day different because of the smaller negative air spring making it more linear. Much more supportive and I can finally drive the bars. Felt great in the super steeps and gives you the full travel when you need it.

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 9:07 Quote
BrianColes wrote:
wolftwenty1 wrote:
T-Type...lol.

Trying today:

Something seems weird. First, 5psi out of 220 shouldn’t make it go from bottom out to can’t use the travel. That seems weird.

Are you getting a hard, loud bottom out or is your ring just at the end? The latter is totally fine.

Worth noting that the progressive setting is a little less progressive with a 29” rear wheel if you look at the charts.

5psi and a volume spacer changed it up a lot...dont know what to say...

with 220 and 2 spacers I was bottoming out hard on tiny little airs/compressions...like HARD. the shock seems very sensitive to even a few pounds and getting that negative air chamber right is making a big difference.

220 + 4 spacers seems to be the magic spot...

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 11:17 Quote
BrianColes wrote:
I didn’t like how the fork (zeb select plus) was not supportive at all. To me it’s a rock Shox thing and I generally don’t like them. As soon as you put any weight on the fork it’s like there is a negative pressure that instantly pulls the fork down 30mm. No matter how stiff you’d make it, it would always have this to an extent and it would ruin the geo. I am 150lbs and was running 65psi (52 was rec.) and it was comically soft.

I swapped the airspring for an older c1 spring in 180mm and it is night and day different because of the smaller negative air spring making it more linear. Much more supportive and I can finally drive the bars. Felt great in the super steeps and gives you the full travel when you need it.

The same dude

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 12:39 Quote
I agree..compared to the 38 is rides deep in the travel...kinda weird feeling...im also about 10psi above recommended at this point.

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 14:21 Quote
For $40 it’s well worth the c1 swap.

Posted: May 21, 2024 at 9:43 Quote
BrianColes wrote:

Did you lose any small bump compliance?

Posted: May 21, 2024 at 13:59 Quote
Ktom3001 wrote:
BrianColes wrote:

It feels better. I’m not totally sure about small bump to be honest because I run my forks stiff but everything feels better. I found with the current airspring you have sagged so far you are into where the shock ramps up and it’s not so soft anymore. And you geo gets ruined.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2024 at 9:29 Quote
BrianColes wrote:

How much sag are you running? I'm at 15% and it feels good with 2 clicks of LSC and 2 volume spacers. I weigh 170 lbs. Can't remember what my psi is set to. Originally I ran 20% sag and 1 volume spacer and it was really soft and I was always deep in it's travel.

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 11:50 Quote
BrianColes wrote:
Ktom3001 wrote:
BrianColes wrote:

It feels better. I’m not totally sure about small bump to be honest because I run my forks stiff but everything feels better. I found with the current airspring you have sagged so far you are into where the shock ramps up and it’s not so soft anymore. And you geo gets ruined.

Seems like there's a few C1 versions out there. Does yours have the silver seal head and silver foot nut?

Posted: May 27, 2024 at 22:13 Quote
Ktom, I don’t remember the colour. Thought it was red. At the time I didn’t think there was any options but I see what you’re saying. 2021 debonair c1.

Thunderchunk, I was running 65psi with the old airspring, now with the new one I have been slowly letting air out. Started at 62, then 60, now trying 56. 56 gives me something like 18% sag. I haven’t put any tokens in.

At 60psi on the weekend I landed a jump straight into a big root and bottomed out my fork. That’s a first.

I am trying to work towards a slightly more balanced set up as I run my rear pretty soft. Perhaps 56 ish psi with a token is the way to go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.648331
Mobile Version of Website