Powered by Outside

Giant Reign 29er 2020

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign 29er 2020
Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 2:16 Quote
Yes, same here. No issues with medium frame, plenty of clearance with extended shock travel.

Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 6:13 Quote
here also enough space with carbon frame in medium and alu frame in large

Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 14:22 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
So my OEM Float X2 (black stanchion, I think it was called "performance") blew up for the 3rd time in 1.5 years.

Thankfully warranty service in Spain-Portugal is truly amazing and fast. Props to those guys at Bicimax.

This time, they finally gave up on it and gave me a brand new factory shock for replacement. Pretty sick. I hope that this one works either because of luck or because of the design being improved to not have the issues it clearly has.

That said, I am thinking of getting a simple/cheap coil shock as my B shock and to try it out and have fun.

Has anyone had good experiences with coil shocks on this frame? Bang for the buck options are welcomed!

I want to get a coil. There's so many choices, it's hard to decide. On MTBR people say the bomber CR is good. I was wondering about the super deluxe coil because of the hydraulic bottom out. The leverage curve gets linear near bottom out. I want to get the 65mm shock too.

I'm not happy with my fox 38 performance elite either. I think I'm going to order a vorsprung smashpot for it.

Posted: Sep 2, 2023 at 5:56 Quote
The Bomber CR would be a good choice. A few of my buddies run them in similar bikes and love them. If the replaced the X2 that’s good because the one you had was not reliable. Fox is replacing them with the updated one you got and supposedly all the problems are fixed. They did the same with mine. So far so good…

Posted: Oct 12, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
Anyone have a rainbow one yet? Post pics!

Posted: Oct 31, 2023 at 6:27 Quote
What do you think about the stiffness between aluminum and carbon frames?
Is it possible that the carbon frames are too stiff

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2023 at 7:00 Quote
muerte wrote:
What do you think about the stiffness between aluminum and carbon frames?
Is it possible that the carbon frames are too stiff

It’s possible that a carbon frame could be manufactured too stiff, but the largest bicycle brand probably did some engineering prior to production.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2024 at 2:17 Quote
I ride Super Deluxe Select + for a few times on my Giant Reign 2 2021. But shock feels harsh and don't work good on the bike. No grip on the rear,bike feels unballanced.Try everything to setup but without success... Now I put back oem shock Deluxe Select + and it rides way better. Shock was from Spec Enduro 2021. It have LL1320 tune oem shock have LLC380. Is it possible to tune the SDS+ like the SD+ is?
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 2:48 Quote
Hi, I have a 2021 Reign 1 29 with Aluminium frame.

I couldn´t find information about the bearings used for the frame. I would like to buy all bearings before taking the bike apart. Can anyone provide a list of the required bearings?

Thanks.

Edit: search didn´t show a result but finally found it when reading through teh pages:
2x6902, 6x6900, 4x6802.

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 4:22 Quote
You can buy a full bearing kit specifically for your model on Real Worl Cyclings website. They also sell individual bearings and tools.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010226
Mobile Version of Website