Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
taifi wrote:
the beast !

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i65.tinypic.com/amv442.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i63.tinypic.com/20rjwgj.jpg

Lovely bad boy that is Neighbour....
What type of terrain you usually ride that you needed a big rig?
Been thinking about swapping my Strive for a big and a small bike (cheaper alloy).

usually bike park action, romania, bulgaria, england and this summer Les 2 Alpes . I`ve had a spectral 7.0ex for the everyday ride.

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 at 8:20 Quote
Calek wrote:
Any one of you tried to add longer cranks to Strive like 175mm? Because i feel that 175 will hit stuff in DH mode since i do that on 170.

I replaced the 170 with 175 because I pedal/climb a lot and I needed the extra leverage as I alvays rode 175. I'm riding in 99% in DH mode even on climbs and I rarely hit the pedal so it's all good for me.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 1:43 Quote
Calek wrote:

Any one of you tried to add longer cranks to Strive like 175mm? Because i feel that 175 will hit stuff in DH mode since i do that on 170.

yes I did, I had a few rides with 175 cranks (same RF model, coming from my hardtail) after my 170 ones got damaged and the pedal strikes in dh were very annoying, it's mostly down to being used to something different and the first rides after the switch are the most problematic. I got a bit used now but the replacements will be 170, especially cause I don't feel any difference in comfort or power when going uphill (1.81m tall).

on that note, saturday I had my first >2000 meters climb ride Smile https://www.strava.com/activities/650501058

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 4:44 Quote
Hi all,

I ordered a Spectral 7EX 'from stock' on Saturday and just wanted find out what peoples experiences have been of ordering Canyons from Stock....

I'm concerned as I just got my dispatch date as August 8th- December 8th for an 'in-stock' bike! Obviously I'd be happy with August, but December!!? You assume that 'from stock' means that it's there and they just need to put the thing together and post it out.

Anyone had a similar date range? I have heard rumours about long waits, but assumed this was on bikes that weren't from stock.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 4:54 Quote
hamplanet wrote:
Hi all,

I ordered a Spectral 7EX 'from stock' on Saturday and just wanted find out what peoples experiences have been of ordering Canyons from Stock....

I'm concerned as I just got my dispatch date as August 8th- December 8th for an 'in-stock' bike! Obviously I'd be happy with August, but December!!? You assume that 'from stock' means that it's there and they just need to put the thing together and post it out.

Anyone had a similar date range? I have heard rumours about long waits, but assumed this was on bikes that weren't from stock.

Cheers

I'm an idiot. It's using the US date format of Month/Day... so it's August 8- to August 12.

I'll get my coat.....

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
hamplanet wrote:

Cheers
Hi,
Ordered Spectral 5.0 also from stock on 20.07. Got the dispatch date 25-29.07.2016. If Wednesday the bike is not shipped I'm going to cancel the order.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 19:33 Quote
Hi, I am just about to pull the trigger for a 2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race. However, after reading about SS issues I need more feedback on the SS.

Are there any engineering changes or product improvements on the 2016 SS?

How many shredders out there facing the SS issues?

Anyone knows the failure rate of the SS?

I am hoping it is just a few lemons out there.

Looking forward.

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 0:32 Quote
Spoiltcheese wrote:
Hi, I am just about to pull the trigger for a 2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race. However, after reading about SS issues I need more feedback on the SS.

Looking forward.

hey man, there's no technical info disclosed but the '16 revision has been improved for sure, the word on the street seems to be that they improved the sealing between the air/oil chambers whose o-ring was to fault for letting liquid through.

regarding failure rates, there's no official numbers as well, from what I could gather I'd say about 60% on the 2015 version and 5% on the 2016, but that's just my impression.

Most of the complaints you could read about were from last fall when canyon was moving offices and was very unresponsive, nowadays you can get a replacement SS in a few days so it's not that worrisome, but if you are going to get the strive shipped to malaysia I'd order a replacement SS anyway just to be sure.

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 0:35 Quote
Friend of mine went a little overboard with the upgrades Smile

photo

Lyrik upfront and Ohlins coil at the back

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 0:57 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:
Spoiltcheese wrote:

Looking forward.

hey man, there's no technical info disclosed but the '16 revision has been improved for sure, the word on the street seems to be that they improved the sealing between the air/oil chambers whose o-ring was to fault for letting liquid through.

regarding failure rates, there's no official numbers as well, from what I could gather I'd say about 60% on the 2015 version and 5% on the 2016, but that's just my impression.

Most of the complaints you could read about were from last fall when canyon was moving offices and was very unresponsive, nowadays you can get a replacement SS in a few days so it's not that worrisome, but if you are going to get the strive shipped to malaysia I'd order a replacement SS anyway just to be sure.

This, very well said.

I would not worry about the SS at all.
Bike pedals well in DH mode in case SS failure.....
Bike is mint, you wont regret it...

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 0:59 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:

photo

Jesus, nah that is lovely Smile
Any spring clearance issue???
I have been thinking about doing same, similar, maybe Vivid Air.....

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 2:29 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
davidfregoli wrote:

photo

Jesus, nah that is lovely Smile
Any spring clearance issue???
I have been thinking about doing same, similar, maybe Vivid Air.....

More information on this needed - does look a little over the top but wow!

The 16 SS unit has been fine on mine. I heard that there was a tolerance issue with the machine used to make the 15 SS units. The first few in a batch were ok, but as the production carried on the tolerance issue became worse and worse leading to the problems everyone faced. They can't afford to be wrong again and made everyone wait an age before replacing, this makes me think that the 16 unit is good to go!

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 4:58 Quote
I've done 1350km's and my 2016 shapeshifter is broken. It's stuck in DH mode. Happened in the Alps the morning after I had the bike washed by someone else, for free, when we had a beer at le cottage bar in morzine. Emailed canyon uk and it's now with UPS so should see it by the wknd. I reckon it was the bike washer that broke it as i had no issues prior. My mates 2015 went the same day too. However he had the air/oil mix problem so we bled that and that sorted it. I'm gonna have a look at the old SS when it comes out and see if I can fix it.

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 5:34 Quote
My 2015 SS is still holding after 1700 km luckily!

More coil goodeness from my friend's bike

photo

No spring clearance issues

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:
My 2015 SS is still holding after 1700 km luckily!

More coil goodeness my friend's bike

photo

No spring clearance issues

Stop hurting us.....
I want one......now...Smile

What Lyrik is he running up front currently? 160 or 170?
What spring rate does he have?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011459
Mobile Version of Website