Powered by Outside

Are Iron Horse Bikes good

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Are Iron Horse Bikes good
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
NO i had an iron horse took it downhilling for 1 weekend and it suck i returned it everything on it broke the suspension was gay and if they were good they wouldnt have gone bankrupt like they did!

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 21:46 Quote
And uhh what bike won two WC's in a row??? Dumbass

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
brett878 wrote:
NO i had an iron horse took it downhilling for 1 weekend and it suck i returned it everything on it broke the suspension was gay and if they were good they wouldnt have gone bankrupt like they did!

Man that is the worst argument ever haha, what kind of Iron Horse was it? I can't see one breaking the first weekend you own it if it wasn't an xc bike or something.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
I heard they ride well, but the company is a little hard to get ahold of these days.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
I have had a Sunday for a while I love the way it feels.

Might just be a little weird getting used to at first cause of the low BB height and slack head angle. But lots of companies are doing that now so maybe not.

If I remember right the frames were cheaper than some others but yeah I don't even know if Iron Horse is still in business so yeah...

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
clilleness wrote:

thats the rider not the bike

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
brett878 wrote:
clilleness wrote:

thats the rider not the bike

the sundays definitely are not mediocre bikes, they ride well, pedal well, and a GREAT bike. they have one of best suspension platforms and a reliable. that being said, the only decent bikes IH produced where really the 7 point series and the Sunday series. the rest were entry level poorly spec'd garbage.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
Their business decision to only sell to big box stores probably killed them. The mtb community is more for bike shops, and less for big box shops. Its a shame they went out of business, their frames really are good (from the azure frame up)

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 11:02 Quote
what do you guys think of a 6 pint with a DHX 5.0 air for slopestyle/freeride stuff?

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 22:54 Quote
I have a 2007 Warrior 4.0 and it works for me...I only bought the frame though with rear shock..and I put on a set of Bomber MX Comps..Hayes ElCaminos..a new Headset...Deore LX rear derailler and front derailler..and it rides awesome for me...

but then again..I built it to what I was gonna use it ofr...XC, trails..etc...

IMO it's a good bike...and I just like it..it works for what i need/want it for.

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
Dead thread is dead.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 22:42 Quote
what would be better a DH0 09 giant glory or a 07 world cup iron horse??

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 at 5:33 Quote
alcapwny wrote:
Dead thread is dead.
photo

I can get a sunday for little more than i can get for my stinky at the moment, is it worth the upgrade or am i better sticking with the stinky? Whichever i go for, it's going to whistler for 6 months next year...!

Posted: Aug 23, 2010 at 5:56 Quote
First off. Why bother with the Cool Story Bro pic? Wasn't funny at all.

Secondly. Lol @ you comparing a Stinky to a Sunday. Obviously the Sunday is a way better bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2010 at 6:53 Quote
timlake wrote:
First off. Why bother with the Cool Story Bro pic? Wasn't funny at all.

Secondly. Lol @ you comparing a Stinky to a Sunday. Obviously the Sunday is a way better bike.
Well it was quite evident that I am fully aware that the Sunday is better, but seein as kona are very much still operating (especially being that whistler is a Iona bike park) I can get parts if I need them, but with the Sunday I'm pretty much f*cked, except for bearings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.661602
Mobile Version of Website