Powered by Outside

Lets see those fuel ex's

PB Forum :: Trek
Lets see those fuel ex's
Posted: Aug 6, 2023 at 18:34 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
NZracer91 wrote:
Love My wee fuel, 240mm oneup dropper, oneup 35 bars.. only dislike is the small headtube causes alot of flex in the front, side note: Forekaster in the rear is awesome.

Just looking at the mega extension of that seat post and the stack of spacers under the stem I’m thinking you got a bike that’s at least a size too small for you. Glad you love it though.

Are you sure you are on the correct sized bike? this looks pretty correct to me.

As for the flex you are feeling, thatll be from the unsupported steerer due to the unacceptably small headtube - This was my gripe when i demo'd one.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 10:05 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
NZracer91 wrote:
Love My wee fuel, 240mm oneup dropper, oneup 35 bars.. only dislike is the small headtube causes alot of flex in the front, side note: Forekaster in the rear is awesome.
photo

Just looking at the mega extension of that seat post and the stack of spacers under the stem I’m thinking you got a bike that’s at least a size too small for you. Glad you love it though.
Thats a Size L? How far can you insert the 240mm seatpost? Getting my L EX8 somewhere soon as well and got the same as you: Long legs, short thorso (and like to sit not too deep). So will be getting either the 210 (like on my EX 8 Gen 5 size L) or 240mm if I can get it to fit.

Posted: Oct 26, 2023 at 0:34 Quote
Yes a Large, That dropper is in as far as itll go. a

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2023 at 13:34 Quote
NZracer91 wrote:
Thanks! could you measure how much length there is above the saddle clamp till the bottom of the seatpost collar? Will be a really thight fit whether I'll be able to fit the 240mm Smile

Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 0:19 Quote
Markks wrote:
NZracer91 wrote:
Thanks! could you measure how much length there is above the saddle clamp till the bottom of the seatpost collar? Will be a really thight fit whether I'll be able to fit the 240mm Smile

photo
photo

Please be aware im using a 31.6 post with a shim - deliberately to gain more space at the lower seat tube. 30.9 will work aswell.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 5:31 Quote
It's a route I'm also considering, (got a 210mm post in my Gen 5) however most shims are really short and do not meet he Minimum insertion of 150mm.

-Edit- checked Oneup, told me to get a 100mm shim and send it.

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 14:47 Quote
I can't find a max insertion depth chart for the Gen 6- has anyone seen one- I have an XL and I read those last few posts but I'm not sure it's answering my question - I'd like to run a 210 oneup shortened to 200 or a PNW loam 200 - is there enough insertion depth to drop those to their collar in their full 34.9 size?

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
ICKYBOD wrote:
I can't find a max insertion depth chart for the Gen 6- has anyone seen one- I have an XL and I read those last few posts but I'm not sure it's answering my question - I'd like to run a 210 oneup shortened to 200 or a PNW loam 200 - is there enough insertion depth to drop those to their collar in their full 34.9 size?

IMO I think you'd be silly buying a Aftermarket dropper in 34.9 - theres only a few bikes that use that size.
I strictly use 30.9 and 31.6 regardless as they are waaay easier to sell if need be and you get increased insert.(and/or shim for bigger tube sizes)

I dont see why a 210 wont slam in a XL based on the above persons photos

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 20:18 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
ICKYBOD wrote:

IMO I think you'd be silly buying a Aftermarket dropper in 34.9 - theres only a few bikes that use that size.
I strictly use 30.9 and 31.6 regardless as they are waaay easier to sell if need be and you get increased insert.(and/or shim for bigger tube sizes)

34.9mm is very common on bikes made after 2022

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 20:29 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
ICKYBOD wrote:

I agree with this, Still to many bikes That dont run 34.9 - Im similar, my Torque is 30.9 and the fuel ive been using is 31.6(shimmed from 34.9) - i wouldve got 30.9 for the fuel If i knew i was buying a torque.

Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Found the insertion depth:

Carbon
XS 205
S 225
M 255
ML 266
L 281
XL 316

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 14:15 Quote
photo

My 9.7, first off - pleasant surprise, the specs from Trek website had a mix of deore and slx. The bike came full SLX.

I've added OneUp Dropper and Handlebars, Lyrik Ultimate 160, WTB Silverado Saddle, TMacs. Hope the picture comes through.

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 18:19 Quote
ICKYBOD wrote:
My 9.7, first off - pleasant surprise, the specs from Trek website had a mix of deore and slx. The bike came full SLX.

I've added OneUp Dropper and Handlebars, Lyrik Ultimate 160, WTB Silverado Saddle, TMacs. Hope the picture comes through.

Nice. I like the color.

Posted: Nov 21, 2023 at 20:22 Quote
I just bought a 9.8 EX. Question for you all…do you use Ride Wrap (or something similar) on the carbon frames? I’ve never put it on any other bike, but some friends have said their bikes (not Treks) have had the paint chip. I’m wondering if companies are using cheaper paint to save money since many folks are wrapping their bikes. I’d appreciate any thoughts before I go through that process.

One other thing…I bought the 2023 black carbon…would you put on the matte or gloss finish?

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 5:06 Quote
Spg114 wrote:
I just bought a 9.8 EX. Question for you all…do you use Ride Wrap (or something similar) on the carbon frames? I’ve never put it on any other bike, but some friends have said their bikes (not Treks) have had the paint chip. I’m wondering if companies are using cheaper paint to save money since many folks are wrapping their bikes. I’d appreciate any thoughts before I go through that process.

One other thing…I bought the 2023 black carbon…would you put on the matte or gloss finish?

Cheers!

I run clear frame protection on all of my bikes, whether Invisiframe or Ride Wrap, because the cost of either kit is worth it when you consider how much a carbon frame is. I also have the black (gloss) carbon frame and I used a gloss Invisiframe kit to wrap it. This kit just saved my top tube and seat stay two days ago when I had a spill on some rocks. The wrap has scratches/scuffs but nothing broke through it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015022
Mobile Version of Website