Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 2:28 Quote
That’s weird. My iPhone 12pro photos look nice until you compare them to Fuji files, especially in low light. The iPhone absolutely falls flat on its face.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
That’s weird. My iPhone 12pro photos look nice until you compare them to Fuji files, especially in low light. The iPhone absolutely falls flat on its face.

I grain of salt required for my level of exaggeration lol

But indeed I struggled to get an image of any quality in those dark coastal temperate rain forests on the little fuji. Redface

O+
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
Nice work, trail looks super fun too.

Did Pinkbike kill POD?

O+
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 22:16 Quote
POD & VOD Gone

Can’t imagine it was worth curating them to only get one or two comments.

Looking at the past dozen articles on the home page and the engagement seems really low on almost all of them.

Maybe we’re like kids that ate all their Halloween candy at once and now we just wanna puke?

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
POD & VOD Gone

Looking at the past dozen articles on the home page and the engagement seems really low on almost all of them.

Maybe we’re like kids that ate all their Halloween candy at once and now we just wanna puke?

Yeah, the POD and VOD were really popular in the early 2010's, but they've since decreased dramatically in popularity, I'd check maybe twice a year if I was really bored. When Ian Hylands offered commentary on the photo and why it was chosen it was rather interesting.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
watch123 wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
POD & VOD Gone

Yeah, the POD and VOD were really popular in the early 2010's, but they've since decreased dramatically in popularity, I'd check maybe twice a year if I was really bored. When Ian Hylands offered commentary on the photo and why it was chosen it was rather interesting.

I think the quality of photography in general has gotten to a point where it isn’t necessary. Scroll through photos from the a decade or more ago and a great photo was kind of a rare site. These days, I see great photography all over this site- I don’t really benefit from PB sorting through them all for me anymore.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
And just more photos getting uploaded. Look at the view count of your old stuff vs the new stuff.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 20:05 Quote
There are alway stand out images worth being represented though. I think it’s unfortunate, but it seems the photo engagements have been super low for a long time now.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
Yeah it all makes sense I guess. Is there still a way to view all the old PODs? They make for some good inspo

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Yeah it all makes sense I guess. Is there still a way to view all the old PODs? They make for some good inspo

Any photo that was POD has a link to the list. See here.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
It'd be cool if pink bike had an insta profile for POD images... because honestly, the existing insta feed that just regurgitates what we've already seen on the home page isn't interesting.

@radek make it happen Beer

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
I wish the POD was taken from community members. Don't get me wrong, there are some unbelievable PODs, but most of them seem to be from professional photographers taken from film or sponsor/product shoots.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
Yeah I found that too.
There used to be a forum where people could post their submissions but it got cluttered pretty quick with non POD worthy photos.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 22:18 Quote
How many of you guys clean your own CMOS sensors? I’ve got a big piece of lint on my sensor from shooting in the desert while it’s windy (yeah I should have changed the lens in the car but shooting wildlife you don’t get a second try so I changed it in the wind, dumb thing to do I know). It’s really annoying but the little blower tool didn’t do anything, can anyone recommend a good sensor cleaning kit?

And had anyone actually damaged a sensor using the little swabs or is that super unlucky/a myth?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024376
Mobile Version of Website