Powered by Outside

The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
Yea I dont need a actually DH bike while I have this Slash. I dont have the skill to make a DH bike worth having.Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
JacobSpera wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
has anyone tried putting a coil shock on the newer slashes?

why not run with an air shock?

The air shocks are badass... ive only ever bottomed out with my CCDB when hucking to flat at a bike park.
its not about bottoming out, i just like the suppleness and smoothness of coils.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Carl96 wrote:
Any of you guys using 170s on the front? Im debated on trying a Fox 36 170 or waiting on the Lyrik to hit the shop.

I'm running a Fox Van 180mm it's fine but I'd like an angle set.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
I have a question about the setup on my Slash 9.8.

What air pressure are you guys running? I am 175 lbs and the Trek setup guide says:

Fork: 75 PSI and 7 clicks from slow (turtle..right?)
Damper: 220 PSi and 3 clicks from slow (turtle..)

I kind of feel its not enough air both front and back. SAG with 220 PSi on the Debonair is 35% and only three clixks from slow feels like it is too slow...
And dthe Pike feels also a bit too soft with 75 PSi...

What Air pressure are you guys running and how heavy are you?

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 8:47 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
I have a question about the setup on my Slash 9.8.

What air pressure are you guys running? I am 175 lbs and the Trek setup guide says:

Fork: 75 PSI and 7 clicks from slow (turtle..right?)
Damper: 220 PSi and 3 clicks from slow (turtle..)

I kind of feel its not enough air both front and back. SAG with 220 PSi on the Debonair is 35% and only three clixks from slow feels like it is too slow...
And dthe Pike feels also a bit too soft with 75 PSi...

What Air pressure are you guys running and how heavy are you?

Thanks.

80psi up front and 150psi in the rear. I keep my rebound fast for the high speed and slow for the low speed. With gear on I am sitting around 140ish, (depends on how much cake I ate).

My sag is very very little, I like the feel of a stiff bike since I make up for it by running tubeless on a DH casing.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 9:48 Quote
Wow 150 psi rear is very low, and 80 psi front is very high considering your weight.

Trek suspension guide recommends 180 rear and 55 front with your weight.

How can ou have little sag with only 150'Psi while I have a lot of sag with the recommended setup...?

Kind of confused...

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Wow 150 psi rear is very low, and 80 psi front is very high considering your weight.

Trek suspension guide recommends 180 rear and 55 front with your weight.

How can ou have little sag with only 150'Psi while I have a lot of sag with the recommended setup...?

Kind of confused...

Im using the canecreek double barrel, you dont have to run as much psi to have a stiffer shock. I dont like the settings that are recommended since the slash is a pain in the ass to pedal up hill so stiffer the better. I keep the rebound fast so its not very plush at all.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
Ah okay.

I am talking about the Slash 9.8 with OEM Monarch Plus DebonAir. Wonder what other people drive pressure wise on this damper

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
I am 185lbs and I am running 230 psi and 3 clicks of rebound. I am getting 30% sag and it feels dialed. Can't remember my setting on the pike though. The slow rebound feels like crap on the street, but amazing on the trails!

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 5:31 Quote
Anyone know if the slash 9.8 has clearance for a coil in the back? It seems like it would be a petty tight fit with the seat stay.

The fox dhx2 fits on the remedy, but the slash seems to have less clearance

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 23:01 Quote
Eyy Jacob, you're running the 8.5x2.5 ccdb on the slash?

I'm considering a coil myself on a spare slash frame I recently acquired. It's an aluminum one and I'd like to do a budget zee/slx/pro build with one of those new lyriks or yaris at 180mm for general hooning around as I dont like doing that kind of stuff on my carbon race bike as it turns out.

I like the monarch on my 9.8 and i have no intention of chaning it, but ive always felt its somewhat unpredictable in its travel, to the point where its been fine on 15 ft drops but on a 5ft drop with a decent tranny I bottomed out and sheared the shock bolt clean...

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
i want to know if the CCDB coil CS, the DVO Jade and the Vivid Air and Fox DHX2 fits. if any of them do. i know the Vivid air does, but idk about the rest.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:10 Quote
TFreeman wrote:
i want to know if the CCDB coil CS, the DVO Jade and the Vivid Air and Fox DHX2 fits. if any of them do. i know the Vivid air does, but idk about the rest.
how do u know the vivid air fits? Been looking to see what other shocks fit

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
TFreeman wrote:
how do u know the vivid air fits? Been looking to see what other shocks fit

you need it custom made because its either too short or too long, but you can make it fit. i'm not sure if it voids warranty. i've contacted trek asking about it, but in usual fashion their customer service kinda sucks, so i'm waiting to see whats up. i know i've seen pictures of the vivid air on one tho

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
Pretty sure no coil shock is going to fit the newer Slash, my 9.8 has no room at the bottom.

Only thing that looks close to fitting is the Float X2 upside down. I dont think a DB will fit either.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021078
Mobile Version of Website