Powered by Outside

The Hydro-Gyro from Atomlab.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Hydro-Gyro from Atomlab.
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
jackdocy wrote:
would this work with an avid juicy 5? coz the hoses are thinner than normal hoses

cheers

Where did you come up with that? Avid does not use thinner hoses on their brakes

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
jackdocy wrote:
would this work with an avid juicy 5? coz the hoses are thinner than normal hoses

cheers

Nice grave dig. But FYI, it should work, because you fit the hose with fittings logically and there are FOR SURE fittings for you avid. BUT be warned, these are known to leak, go for the other one (sorry can't remember the name but it's been said in the thread!

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
chadpowell wrote:
MrFrenchy69 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
doesn't it leak like... a lot

A forum already exit on the subjet.
A search reveal this.

that is the same post u idiot

I just have to quote this, it's f*cking hilarious! Search fail.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
I bought one it leaked they sent me a second one it leaked. I sent them both back. They did agree to take care of the hose kit for me on it too. Not impressed with the product but Atomlab is a stand up Company.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
jackdocy wrote:

cheers

Nice grave dig. But FYI, it should work, because you fit the hose with fittings logically and there are FOR SURE fittings for you avid. BUT be warned, these are known to leak, go for the other one (sorry can't remember the name but it's been said in the thread!
Juicy 5 is what I was using and you have to buy extra banjo fittings for Juicy hose because the ones that come with the kit are too big.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 16:31 Quote
woolin wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
jackdocy wrote:

cheers

Juicy 5 is what I was using and you have to buy extra banjo fittings for Juicy hose because the ones that come with the kit are too big.

Okay I am looking at mine right now. try to guess why. Eventually it does stop weeping, after about 2 weeks. Actually it does something worse now: it actually stopped spinning... extremely useful. not. it is so stiff that my braided stainless steel line is fraying.

I can manually turn it by hand, but when i do that i can also tilt the outer ring about ten degrees and move it up and down a bit. and everyone knows about cam mccauls interview about the tr!xer.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 16:34 Quote
It evens clicks up and down like an out of tune mech gyro when i spin it. wtf. why?

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 4:39 Quote
I´m having some problems with mine could anyone help me ?it´s so hard to twist.....in the rotor is printed DOT 4 and my brake is for mineral oil only is it a problem ???

thanks to everone!

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 8:27 Quote
ferlin wrote:
I´m having some problems with mine could anyone help me ?it´s so hard to twist.....in the rotor is printed DOT 4 and my brake is for mineral oil only is it a problem ???

thanks to everone!

Did you really use a mineral oil brake with the gyro? You f*cked up the seals inside the gyro... It was made for DOT oil and not mineral.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
He didn't f*ck up anything. It just does that. I had one. Running DOT4.1.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
Mineral oil is fine it will just boil faster than DOT4. Don't think it will be an issue.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
ricar wrote:
Mineral oil is fine it will just boil faster than DOT4. Don't think it will be an issue.

If the gyro is made for dot4. the mineral oil will fry the seals in no time in the gyro!

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 10:23 Quote
Well ate it on that one.... Hmmm got to figure out who told me you could, not that I'd ever use hydros anyhow...

DOT brakes use EPDM rubber (ethylene propylene diene Monomer (M-class) rubber) where mineral oil brakes use Nitrile rubber seals and never the two shall meet. Guess you need a new brake system, the mineral oil will cause the seals to expand (locking the rotor) before they fail.

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 2:37 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
ricar wrote:
We had those in the early 80s, they sucked. That is why we heve the gyro.

BTW, it's called a rotor.

Do you understand that in the 80s, there were no hydraulic brakes.. And it's not called a rotor.. It's the hydro gyro..

Actually, in the mid 80's a company called ACS (who made plastic hoops for BMX) made a mechanical cable de-tangler called the "Rotor".

Ur "Hydro Twist" is a fluid type of the same concept. it's to bad it took almost 30 years to see it happen. I never did like cable pullers. hydro is so wonderful

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017967
Mobile Version of Website