Powered by Outside

Kona Process 153 Frame and Main bearing maintenance

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 Frame and Main bearing maintenance
FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
eshew wrote:
Glad it worked! Don't forget to pop the seals on the new bearings and fully pack em with grease prior to install.

Cheers for that.
Going to price a respray first before reassembly, will get pics up if I do

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
dkcove wrote:
eshew wrote:
Glad it worked! Don't forget to pop the seals on the new bearings and fully pack em with grease prior to install.

Cheers for that.

Did you use a bearing puller to get them out? Kona tech advised just tapping them out but I've sent off for a press and puller kit as I dont like ghettoing my maintenance Smile )

FL
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 22:00 Quote
TreeBeak wrote:
dkcove wrote:
eshew wrote:

Cheers for that.

Did you use a bearing puller to get them out? Kona tech advised just tapping them out but I've sent off for a press and puller kit as I dont like ghettoing my maintenance Smile )

No,just tapped them out with a screwdriver,most came out easy enough

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
Ok. Thanks for the reply Smile

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
Hi. Resurrecting an old thread as there is some good knowledge on here. Im in the process of putting my process back together.The problem having is that there is loads of play/movement in the 4 connections that require spaces and washers. I'm pretty sure I have them in the correct orientation and I'm torquing them up to the correct amount but its not making any difference. Any Suggestions

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
Can you post some pictures?

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
TreeBeak wrote:
dkcove wrote:
eshew wrote:

Cheers for that.

Wonder if this is the same Kona tech who denied my warranty claim for broken rocker link stating that he was certain I tapped them out instead of using a bearing press (I used a bearing press).

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
I tapped mine out but I used a piece of wood with a depression drilled out to catch the bearings on the back side. Just laid the link on top. Didn't feel right banging away on the unsupported link.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
Does anyone have a 2020 Process torque spec they can share?

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
When someone posts it, or you find it. Take it with a grain of salt and a good amount of antisieze.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
eshew wrote:
When someone posts it, or you find it. Take it with a grain of salt and a good amount of antisieze.

This man speaks TRUTH.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
Hi guys, I had a question about my 2017 process 153. The set/grub screw on the rocker is stripped and I can't get it out. Can I just drill it out since it is only used as extra friction from keeping The bolt from coming out?

I got the bolt loose and am able to unscrew it but I don't wanna risk getting the bolt stuck or damaging the threads on anything.

Am I able to just unscrew the bolt out of the frame and dealing with the set screw after or will I risk damaging the bolt and possibly the frame.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 17:50 Quote
If you can get an easy out that would be ideal. You can replace the old grub screw with a longer one, that way if it strips again you can grab and twist.

In terms of removing, that grub screw might scratch as you remove the bolt, or it might be just fine.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
DavidMTB456 wrote:
Hi guys, I had a question about my 2017 process 153. The set/grub screw on the rocker is stripped and I can't get it out. Can I just drill it out since it is only used as extra friction from keeping The bolt from coming out?

I got the bolt loose and am able to unscrew it but I don't wanna risk getting the bolt stuck or damaging the threads on anything.

Am I able to just unscrew the bolt out of the frame and dealing with the set screw after or will I risk damaging the bolt and possibly the frame.

Thanks

Grub screw can definitely damage the threads backing it out. It's steel and the Torx bolt is alloy. I have to assume they machined the grub screw hole in a ridge of the frames threads and not where it would lock onto one of the ridges on the bolt. You'd think they would make it lock into the valley of the threads because it could flare/deform the ridges of the bolt out and not let the bolt back out.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
Justachillin2 wrote:
st-wright wrote:
I am about to do the same. how did this go for you? Any tips after the job, also where did you get an exploded view image?
photo
photo

Hi, does anyone know what part number 3 is called so I can order one..?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020762
Mobile Version of Website