PB Forum :: Norco
2021 Norco Shore
O+ FL
Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
Anyone Mullet this beast?

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
thetruejb wrote:
Anyone Mullet this beast?

Paul Ashton did a series of videos where he made that change.

FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 3:21 Quote
Hi there, just watched Paul Aston's videos. This bike seems like a real hassle. Has anyone had such an experience with this bike?

FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 9:43 Quote
Some of the issues were well founded. I had to apply thread lock to pivot bolts but since then no issues. Also since I did a frame build up I didn’t have issues he did with drivetrain and dropped chains. I did use narrow wide chain ring and MRP sxg bash/guide. I did drop the chain off the idler pulley but found the ‘fix’ for me was to add some adhesive Velcro to reduce space. That said I love this bike, perfect peak weapon with solid seatpost configuration to allow long dropper. My biggest gripe is no climb switch on shock for those pedal days, I really feel like that would help a lot. I also didn’t like how it felt when dropping spring rate, which seems to be a popular consensus among testers
My build on vital https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Grmasterd1,21327/setup,46395?keyword=Hefer&frame_brands=&sort_by=changed

Posted: Jan 24, 2023 at 19:42 Quote
I had tons of issues and sold the bike at a loss to be rid of it.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 15:00 Quote
Looking for advice. I am 5'11 and am trying to choose between an Aurum A1 and a Shore 2.
The Aurum has a 432 reach and a 1254 wheelbase.
The Shore has a way bigger reach 480 and wheelbase 1290.

The bike will be primarily used for bike park and mostly jump lines.

Current park bike is a 2020 Commencal clash with a 470 reach and 1235 wheelbase. But I want more travel than 165 because it bottoms out too often and is a bit too linear with my preferred coil shock.

I prefer the wheelbase and longer travel of the Aurum but am scared of the tiny 435 reach. Has anyone ridden both and can suggest which would be better/more fun on the bigger jump lines?

Thanks

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 16:43 Quote
The alloy Aurum being kinda outdated in terms of geometry, I would go 100% with the Shore. Trendy geometry also equals to a better resale value.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 21:51 Quote
That's what I was thinking as well, until I started reading into the shore and hearing about some of the issues it has. I'll give it a shot and hope for the best!

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 2:47 Quote
I think they updated the frame following the whole Paul Aston story (they stated that the update kit would be available for free through retailers for everyone). Can anyone confirm this?

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 7:26 Quote
DCF wrote:
That's what I was thinking as well, until I started reading into the shore and hearing about some of the issues it has. I'll give it a shot and hope for the best!

For complete builds Norco did make some changes after a Paul’s input/review. I also believe the chain guide has been slightly revised as well. Other than having to lock tite the pivot hardware I have not had any issues. If your looking for a ‘modern’ battle axe of smashing it’s perfect

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
Padded wrote:
I think they updated the frame following the whole Paul Aston story (they stated that the update kit would be available for free through retailers for everyone). Can anyone confirm this?

my "upgrade" kit from Norco only addressed the upper pulley issue. the lower guide was not included and the retailer told me to kick rocks when I mentioned it should be included.

my frame also came to me without any of the chain slap or downtube protectors.

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
Wow, sounds bad, thanks for the feedback.

Posted: Apr 24, 2023 at 19:41 Quote
Hi ,

My riding style : North Shore: Seymour/Cypress black/double black and Whistler bike park

I own a Norco Shore A1 since 2021, I love the bike but as said in this post I also encountered many times the dropping chain issues, I have contacted Norco about it last summer and they sent me over a new designed upper chain guide it was kind of narrower and sturdier in a way but I have added some plastic material from the older chain guide (cut little pieces and glued it) to fill the gap between chain and the guide, it kind of worked for some time.

Went for a bike ride today (April 24th 23) and the chain dropped so many times that I was riding pretty much chainless.

From what I read on this post the solution would be MRP SXg 2bolts chainguide/bashguard https://mrpbike.com/pages/sxg-all?variant=43620917477607 160CAD
and the Forbidden NSB idler pulley https://www.dunbarcycles.com/forbidden-nsb-aluminum-idler-pulley-kit.html . 100CAD

They are using the MRP SXg on the Norco Range why not on the Shore too ? Also the Idler pulley on the Range looks way sturdier and better quality than the one on the Shore.

I also realized Norco added a E13 lg1 chainguide/bashguard to the Shore Park I asked them last summer about getting it but sent me that modified low quality plastic upper chain guide...

I'm gonna contact them again and try to get a E13 lg1 chainguide...
I'll keep my post updated if I get any solution from Norco.

Cheers

FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2023 at 8:55 Quote
Since day one ran the MRP SXg lower bash guide. Additionally added some adhesive Velcro (soft side) on the interior of guide. Since I added Velcro no dropped chains, prior just once. This bike sees mostly park laps at Purg and Angel Fire plus shuttles. I saw the NSB idler and think it’s a good idea, when my is worn that’ll likely be the replacement

Posted: Apr 25, 2023 at 11:02 Quote
I just had a conversation with Norco Customer Service on their Live chat Platform and told me they are releasing a new designed Idler pulley soon to address the issue (~June 2023) and asked me to contact my orginal dealer to get it from them.

Let's see how they redesigned it ...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021366
Mobile Version of Website