Powered by Outside

TRP DHR Evo caliper bleed port leaking

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
TRP DHR Evo caliper bleed port leaking
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 11:55 Quote
mashrv1 wrote:
For anyone interested - Hope bleed nipple part no HBSP033 is a direct replacement for the TRP screw/bung

Great info. What do you use to get a good seal when you're bleeding with this nipple? I hated bleeding my shimanos with similar nipples because the hose would always slip off at the worst times.

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 12:16 Quote
The new version of the Shimano pro bleed kit includes a tiny metal nipple at the end of the hose, that makes the hose stay on the caliper about a hundred times better.

FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 12:53 Quote
barp wrote:
The new version of the Shimano pro bleed kit includes a tiny metal nipple at the end of the hose, that makes the hose stay on the caliper about a hundred times better.

part #?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 13:01 Quote
rain164845 wrote:
mashrv1 wrote:
For anyone interested - Hope bleed nipple part no HBSP033 is a direct replacement for the TRP screw/bung

Great info. What do you use to get a good seal when you're bleeding with this nipple? I hated bleeding my shimanos with similar nipples because the hose would always slip off at the worst times.

Not actually sure where my current hose is from unfortunately. Hope nipples are definitely bigger than Shimano ones though, should make it less likely to happen (do not take this as a guarantee!)

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 22:21 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
barp wrote:

part #?

The whole kit is Y13098630, MSRP $74. Or you could buy just the syringe and the hose with the new bit at the end, Y13000080, MSRP $38.

Note: I have no idea whether the Shimano bits will fit properly on the Hope bleed nipple.

FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 22:47 Quote
I have to confess, I think my issue might have been that I lost one of the tiny O rings and that caused my issue.

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 14:50 Quote
gotow wrote:
I just went through this with a brand new set of DHR Evos. Oil was weeping out around the bleed port screw on the rear caliper and had fouled the pads by my third ride.

The bleed port screw was WAY over-torqued - to the point that I was worried my torx wrench would snap before the screw broke free, but it did finally come out. At that point I contacted TRP, referenced this thread on PinkBike, and was told NOT to use Loctite. The taper at the base of the screw is supposed to be sufficient to seal it. But tightening the bolt to the recommended 0.5 Nm on mine certainly didn't seal it. It leaked worse than it had originally.

They ended up warrantying my caliper (it'll arrive tomorrow). They did say when they received it at the service center that the bleed port screw had been cross-threaded. I'm certain I didn't cross-thread it putting it back in, since it went in easily. I assume that the ridiculous torque I had to apply to free the screw in the first place was indicative of it having been cross-threaded at the factory. They said they'd take care of me this time, regardless, though they didn't consider it a warranty issue because of the cross-threaded screw (!).

Anyway, I wrote this to make a couple of points:

1. TRP doesn't recommend using Loctite on the bleed port screw
2. Take lots of pictures. They may warranty it, depending on the circumstances.

and one question:

1. Has anyone else encountered the bleed port screw being ridiculously tight? I'm afraid to check the screw in the front caliper for fear of it leaking afterwards - though I guess I'll eventually have to bleed it and will find out then :-/

- Jon

I had an over torqued bleed screw for sure. I actually snapped a torx bit trying to remove it lol. I too have the leaking bleed screw. Constant black grime collecting around it after every ride. I have gone through 3 sets of pads and I just couldn't figure it out until I found this thread.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012677
Mobile Version of Website