Powered by Outside

Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 20:02 Quote
Sent my 2022 in for warranty for leaking around the climb switch. This was just a month or so after I sent it in for service. The people at Fox were kind enough to give me a brand new off the shelf 2024. Hope they have come up with a fix for these issues.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 20:48 Quote
They sent me a 2024 also. Very kind of them. I am still a little leery about it having issues. I wonder if they changed any of the internals. Quote="Teddysnaps"]Sent my 2022 in for warranty for leaking around the climb switch. This was just a month or so after I sent it in for service. The people at Fox were kind enough to give me a brand new off the shelf 2024. Hope they have come up with a fix for these issues.[/Quote]

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 22:22 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Am I right in thinking its only the post-2021 revised X2 thats having issues? My 2020 seems fine at least, and the complaints I've heard all seem to be for 2021 onwards.

2020 and back seems to last longer but the polyeurethane shaft seal seems to suffer compression set as well

The 21 do it much faster and worse.

I've had luck setting both with setting the ifp 0.050" less deepn and 25psi higher reservoir pressure. It helps keep the very high air chamber pressure out of the damper longer.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 8:28 Quote
That is my understanding. Most X2 issues are from the 2021 upgrade when they mover the rebound to the rear eyelet
englertracing wrote:
Gravelben wrote:
Am I right in thinking its only the post-2021 revised X2 thats having issues? My 2020 seems fine at least, and the complaints I've heard all seem to be for 2021 onwards.

2020 and back seems to last longer but the polyeurethane shaft seal seems to suffer compression set as well

The 21 do it much faster and worse.

I've had luck setting both with setting the ifp 0.050" less deepn and 25psi higher reservoir pressure. It helps keep the very high air chamber pressure out of the damper longer.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 18:21 Quote
gave my rebuily and upgraded 2021 a nice break-in over the weekend. 3 days of riding north shore.

no squelching. works like a dream....i hope it stays that way

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 19:03 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
gave my rebuily and upgraded 2021 a nice break-in over the weekend. 3 days of riding north shore.

The truth is there is absolutely no reason for it to last any longer than last time
Also no new part numbers appear on the diagrams for 2023

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 7:53 Quote
englertracing wrote:
blamalamadingdong wrote:

The truth is there is absolutely no reason for it to last any longer than last time

it has already outlasted the last time.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 12:07 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
englertracing wrote:
blamalamadingdong wrote:

it has already outlasted the last time.

Decent chance they know of a common issue that is fixable that they took care of without admiting

Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 9:49 Quote
They gave me a redesigned X2 after 2 rebuilds in less than a year and it is already starting to make an aerated noise, not repair worthy yet but I haven't ridden it much in the winter. My guess is it fails again in a couple months.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 6:30 Quote
dividebyzero wrote:
They gave me a redesigned X2 after 2 rebuilds in less than a year and it is already starting to make an aerated noise, not repair worthy yet but I haven't ridden it much in the winter. My guess is it fails again in a couple months.

Mine's in the mail headed back and on the slip that is in the email I see 2024 on it. Makes me wonder if I'm getting a new shock all together

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 9:01 Quote
Yes, they have just been sending back new 2024 shocks. Must be something they can'r fix on the old shocks.
ksilvey10 wrote:
dividebyzero wrote:

Mine's in the mail headed back and on the slip that is in the email I see 2024 on it. Makes me wonder if I'm getting a new shock all together

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 8:20 Quote
you guys are making me hope mine blows up in the next month so i can send it back for a new shock Razz

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
We're praying for ypu.Quotep="blamalamadingdong"]you guys are making me hope mine blows up in the next month so i can send it back for a new shock Razz [/Quote]

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2023 at 7:45 Quote
Lestewa wrote:
Yes, they have just been sending back new 2024 shocks. Must be something they can'r fix on the old shocks.
ksilvey10 wrote:
dividebyzero wrote:

Came last night. Brand new shock. zero noise. I didn't realize how squelchy it was till i put the new one on and it's silent

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2023 at 7:46 Quote
Lestewa wrote:
We're praying for ypu.Quotep="blamalamadingdong"]you guys are making me hope mine blows up in the next month so i can send it back for a new shock Razz
[/Quote]

It doesn't need to be leaking or extreme. If it makes a squelchy noise, send it in

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008520
Mobile Version of Website