When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
I'm all grown up now and I'm a welder. Its not that bad of a job but its also something that most people don't want to be doing when they're in their late 30s because it beats the hell out of the body. For anyone interested in what it feels like to be a welder, put 1.5lbs on your head and move your head up and down for a couple hours a day. It doesn't sound like much but after a couple years, it takes its toll. On top of that you're usually to hot or too cold.

I love what I do but it definitely is not for everyone, especially people that have their feelings hurt easily.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
I'm all grown up now and I'm a welder. Its not that bad of a job but its also something that most people don't want to be doing when they're in their late 30s because it beats the hell out of the body. For anyone interested in what it feels like to be a welder, put 1.5lbs on your head and move your head up and down for a couple hours a day. It doesn't sound like much but after a couple years, it takes its toll. On top of that you're usually to hot or too cold.

I love what I do but it definitely is not for everyone, especially people that have their feelings hurt easily.

When I was welding over the winter the temperature ALWAYS sucked my steel toed boots got cold making my toes cold but my hands and face were hot.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
Who says you have to grow up? I don't intend to get sucked into the 9-5 career that all my formal education has driven me towards. Yeah I understand that you need money to live, but I intend to work to live and not live to work. The amount of people I know who think they're the shit because they have amazing well paid jobs where they work every hour under the sun, yet they never get any chance to enjoy or spend all this money they're making.
So i guess to answer you're question I'll probably just go from labouring job to labouring job in different places so I get to see places without being tied down to a career of sorts.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
samnation wrote:
-M--P- wrote:
plumber. $90 bucks an hour, o yea.

I will make sure I don't flush my toilet for 3 weeks after eating McDonald's and shoving EVERYTHING I can think of in it then call you to fix it. Sure you will make all that money but look at what you do.

Wow... I honestly feel bad for you, you have no ambition at all. And plumbers dont always clean up shit. My friend is getting his plumbing apprenticeship and hes making loads of money. And let me guess... you want to be a lawyer, or any job that you get to drive a nice car and wear a suit, well good luck with that.

And im going for Electrical apprenticeship in 3 months, so I guess thats what im dointup

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
RCMP officer or O.P.P officer.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
Stock broker.
-Clayton

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
i wanted to be japanese

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
i wanted to be japanese

haha didnt we all?

For me I wanted to be a landscape architect, but after looking into it more its not for me so much. At the moment i work in a garden center/florist. I want to eventually get my highschool degree and then get my horticulture degree and see where that takes me, hopefully designing ppls backyards and such. Idealy id like to work p/t and then come home and have a huge garden and work in it most of the day and then bike. Smile

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 6:17 Quote
I'm in school right now studying Electronics Engineering. I've got about a year left to graduate with my B. E-Tech. I might continue to get my masters...but even with all the work I put in to school I still cant pump out grades like I want. I might become a consultant, field tech or sales personn in the electronics field after school.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
I want to become a mechanical engineer, and also race DH / FR professionally and maybe start my own bike company. Who knows...

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
Carpenter for me
going for Apprenticeship right after high school, starting work with a carpenter in my area in just a couple months

they dont make a ton of money, but if you own your company you can work inside when its cold rather than outside freezing your arse off.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
i wanna be a vampire batBatman

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
matthewm94 wrote:
i wanna be a vampire batBatman

Good luck with that Razz lol

As for me, aaa PILOT! This fall I'm moving to Sault Ste. MArie and going to the college there for "Aviation Technology - Flight"... then a ways down the road I hope to get into Air Canada or something of tha nature

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
I want to become a mechanical engineer, and also race DH / FR professionally and maybe start my own bike company. Who knows...

Why dont you develop your own super bike, after all you are German I wouldnt doubt you could do it:P

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
Something to do in the oil field. Not working directly on the rigs but around them. Big money and you dont always have to sit at a desk!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026845
Mobile Version of Website