Powered by Outside

How old is too old

PB Forum :: Downhill
How old is too old
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
Also, here's another prime example of old guys who flat out pin it. Bart McDaniel is still faster than everybody even at 44 years old. Here he is standing on the top spot of the podium over Lars Sternberg and Luke Strobel after having just about tied the course record set earlier in the year by Bryn Atkinson (2:17:31 for Bryn and 2:17:71 for Bart).
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
I honestly got choked up from reading this. I am 34 with no kids but if I had a kid and he posted this and i read it... I'd have to take him to the local bike shop and tell him to go crazy. What a great dad and kid. POST OF THE YEAR! [Quote="cjf1972"]
rigodon777 wrote:
My dad rides with me and he is 45 years old. He just broke his foot, he was really angry cause a day later his new shock came in.. Needless to say, He really want's to ride it a bit before the snow kicks in! And I love to ride with my dad, I give him a lot of tricks and everything! He is super stoke to follow me around. Some morning he even wakes me up so we can go shred a bit more.. I love him to death too!
That is awesome[/Quote

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
I forgot to mention that eight weeks ago I got a little to confident and jumped a big tree gap and got wadded up. Broke three ribs and seperated my shoulder. I got all "upstairs" about crashing and thought I might want to hang it up(that happened eight weeks ago). Got back on the horse though and it feels great to be back. Just have to be smart about when to push it.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:02 Quote
I think thats great. I wish that more parents were like yours, in the sense that they want to spend time with their kids. Biking is quality time. I cant wait to shred with my kids.
rigodon777 wrote:
My dad rides with me and he is 45 years old. He just broke his foot, he was really angry cause a day later his new shock came in.. Needless to say, He really want's to ride it a bit before the snow kicks in! And I love to ride with my dad, I give him a lot of tricks and everything! He is super stoke to follow me around. Some morning he even wakes me up so we can go shred a bit more.. I love him to death too!

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:09 Quote
im 35 and still trying new things and pushing myself.

airtime wise is the only thing that phases me but it always has,to be honest im possibley trying more than i ever did.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
Yeah, I'm 29 and my 3 kids are little, but I think my daughter, who is 5 will be a ripper. She tears down the driveway and bails when she can't make the turn. Its funny, but she has no fear!

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:28 Quote
luli79 wrote:
Yeah, I'm 29 and my 3 kids are little, but I think my daughter, who is 5 will be a ripper. She tears down the driveway and bails when she can't make the turn. Its funny, but she has no fear!
reminds me of myself when i was young,, id tear down the sidewalk, turn straight at a tree, then when i was almost at it, id jump off and roll.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:32 Quote
There is no age...you rip it as long as you can.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:32 Quote
I'm almost 51!

I raced downhill with both my sons and can still kick their sorry butts in a trailride!

Age has absolutely nothing to do with what you can and cannot do on a bike (or anything else for that matter).

I still ride like a kid and I hope I always will.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:33 Quote
randy spangler is i like like 45 and hes still pushing on super strong

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:24 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
my dads 53 and is taking me and a friend to diablo this weekend, hes renting a sunday and is going to try and lean, im so stoked that he want to try what i love. he comes from a motocross back ground so i dont think he will have to hard of a time picking it up, i just love that he is doing all of this so that we can connect, and spend time together.

My dad did the EXACT same thing. He is from a MX background.. And it's a really cool thing to ride with your father.. trust me! It makes you proud of your father!

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
the time for stopping is when in a coffin. gunna rip n shred till am dead

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
There is a local dude here that's like 50+ and he still pins it on his Bullit.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
i wish i could say i ride with my dad, but he hasnt rode in 5 or more years, and never will again...

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
my dads mmy mechanic its sick hes 40 honestly i think you are too old when you stop loving the sport not before id be stoked to see my grandad shreding! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015355
Mobile Version of Website