Powered by Outside

Most embarrasing thing you have done on your bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Most embarrasing thing you have done on your bike
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
Brookie353 wrote:
Practicing fakies, I ride up to a metal fence and go into It a little too hard and my wheel got jammed into the fence so i'm stood there with my wheel stuck in the fence.
I saw these people comming so I tired to get it out. I yanked it too hard and this little bit of fence punctured my tyre and you could hear air comming out really fast. So i'm just stood there and these people just started laugh i was just like noooo! lol

lol tht is embrasisng

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
i was about 16 and pumped on monster and tried to bunny hop this 6ft flower bed side walk thing i did all the time..... well it was wet and i cleared the box but the the wheel chair ramp was slick as f*ck and i ate mad shit and tore my arm 2 shit i was like damn that sucks big deal then these 2 hot stoner breezies run up and there like omg are you ok here and try and put bandaids on my 3x8 patch or road rash im just standing there in shock like wtf is happening they pushing those damn bandaids on it and im like uh ok thanks i gotta go and just limped off like wtf

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Haha, you gotta hate being dragged! I remember when I got dragged, but not by my bike... a TUBE! Totally non-bike but when I was a little kid, like 4, I when to an island with huge waves... I got hit by one of them and I got dragged into the water :S almost died until my dad pulled me out of a wave that was at least 7foot high...

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
haha yeah it was pretty embarassing.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
gfisher270 wrote:
i was riding at diablo freeride park and i went over a bump and slipped off my pedals and i was dragged by my own bike. i felt so stupid and it wasn't fun
where is diablo?

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
I was riding with my friend that dosen't really mtb, he just has a cheap bike that he rides around on. I was ahead of him and we hit this busy 4 way intersection, and the way I was going I had to ride straight through the right hand turn lane and hop up onto to island at the corner to cross. My j-hops were pretty much crap at this point. So I was riding at the curb (it was a little higher than a normal one), pulled the front wheel up, didn't lean back in time (my speed was right in between that of having to hop the whole bike up at the same time and hopping up one tire by another tire) and my back tire hit and I fell off and got scraped up. It was pretty embarrassing cause it was just a curb and I crashed trying to look cool hoping up it.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
i was at a jump spot this summer and was just planning on hitting this set of jumps nice and easy, maybe an x-up or two. anyway on the third jump i must have pushed on a pedal cause my bike swung way out in front of me and just stayed up there (like the beginnings of the biggest tail-whip ever). suffice to say the bike remained out in front of me and i hung onto the bars in a seated position. that's how we landed; bike upside down on the seat and me on my ass, really hard. in the end i got a huge skid mark and some bruising, my bike got bent seat rails and everyone else got a good laugh.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
contaner wrote:
gfisher270 wrote:
i was riding at diablo freeride park and i went over a bump and slipped off my pedals and i was dragged by my own bike. i felt so stupid and it wasn't fun
where is diablo?
New Jersey

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
contaner wrote:
gfisher270 wrote:
where is diablo?
New Jersey
dang, i live near mt. diablo in CA and was hopin it was there ha.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
oh and once at calabazas i was riding around in the kiddie section pumping the jumps and i caught air over one and i hit the next one and flipped over my bars when calabazas first opened as a city park.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
i ripped the crotch seam on my skinny jeans sooo bad riding street, then went to the kranked premier right after haha, some pros were there like romo and kinrade. i got laughed at but i was pumped to see the premiere haha.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
not really bike related, but still very embarassing
it was like 2 weeks ago and i was at a buddys and i had taken my snowboard with me, so i went to go to subway and of course i didnt tie my boots right up, cuz whats the point, im gonna be like 5 mins. so i started to head across the intersection and thanks got it was a red light, but my boot laces got caught on the other boot and i took a nice header right in the middle of the intersection.
of course i got up and walked it off like nothing happened. but i could see everyone laffing their asses off in their cars lol

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
went OTB right into a trash can in front of 3 hotties. it sucked

riding a brakeless bmx and i see this hot chick i ride up to her go to slow down (putting my foot inbetween the fork and wheel) fly over the bars do a summer salt in the air land on both my feet and just kinda say hi...

Waiting for more people to show up to an evening downtown ride, I was screwing around by out meeting spot, a baseball stadium. On game day. I go into a super fast hop 180, and massively over-rotate a slider. For 10 feet, all you hear is the grinding squealing sound of my magnesium pedals and my bar ends along the ground. People all around turned to see what was going on, me sliding on my ass tangled in my bike. VERY embarassing, since that's right when the owner of my LBS showed up for the ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014501
Mobile Version of Website