Chain guide Bottom bracket mount

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Chain guide Bottom bracket mount
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
Just FYI...the Howitzer BB is a tapered ISIS drive, that's your reason it doesn't work.

Howitzer is an evolved version of ISIS drive that has external bearings, it's not that the same, that's why ISIS cranks DO NOT work with Howitzer BBs.

This argument is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, it's a tapered design. It's still an external ISIS bottom bracket. "Evolved" doesn't explain much man, that's why I was more specific. You guys are argueing over nothing at all.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Themaninthenorth wrote:
Hahahaha! And I'm still right. There are external ISIS bottom brackets. The reason that yours doesn't work isn't because the howitzer isn't ISIS...it most certainly is ISIS. Again people have trouble with reading comprehension.

Just FYI...the Howitzer BB is a tapered ISIS drive, that's your reason it doesn't work.

You see dualsuspensiondave, this is your problem, you state one thing, then a post later, add some crucial missing facts trying to be a smart arse.
The above is a prime example.
Put all your facts in one post, it stops you looking like a bit of a tool.

Again people have trouble with reading comprehension.

No my friend, it seems you have a problem comprehending facts...

Don't bother with a witty reply, I won't see it as I've un subscribed from this thread.

See you just like to add things that are not in the sentence. Read a sentence and understand what it say's, not what it doesn't say. Don't jump to conclusions. The OP obviously had no clue, which is fine but why make it more difficult than it is. If I would have asked the same thing he did and read what you guys said, I would have been more confused than when I started.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
You guys are argueing over nothing at all.

yet you keep going on about it..

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
Yeah, it's a tapered design. It's still an external ISIS bottom bracket. "Evolved" doesn't explain much man, that's why I was more specific. You guys are argueing over nothing at all.

Then why don't ISIS cranks work with Howitzer BB's?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

Because it's a tapered design, as I said already two times. The Howitzer uses a tapered spindle.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
knobzy wrote:

And you get involved now too.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
knobzy wrote:

And you get involved now too.

i only get involved when i can throw out a useless witty comment.. i have no facts to jump into this debate.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

Because it's a tapered design, as I said already two times. The Howitzer uses a tapered spindle.

What cranks work with a Howitzer BB? Oh Howitzer interface cranks. Not ISIS. So if ISIS and howitzer are incompatible how can howitzer be ISIS?

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:05 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
cowieuk wrote:

What cranks work with a Howitzer BB? Oh Howitzer interface cranks. Not ISIS. So if ISIS and howitzer are incompatible how can howitzer be ISIS?
Just because they're specific doesn't mean that they are not ISIS. Aside from being tapered, they are the same in every other way. If that doesn't satisfy you, then try asking SRAM why they call it ISIS. Very simple really.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 4:47 Quote
Just because they're specific doesn't mean that they are not ISIS. Aside from being tapered, they are the same in every other way. If that doesn't satisfy you, then try asking SRAM why they call it ISIS. Very simple really.

Or, aside from the splines looking like ISIS they are totally different. I'm not going to argue about that any more.

The fact is your 'external ISIS' BB's are Howitzer, By just stating these are ISIS BB's you are misinforming people that read this thread as it you originally just said Howitzer was ISIS, therefore if I had no idea about BB's I may have gone out and bought a Howitzer and wasted my money as normal ISIS cranks do not work with them.

Come on guys, be smarter than this when giving advice in the mechanics lounge.

How about you provide more information in your first post next time instead of trying to make users sound stupid while you might accidentally be misinforming others.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
quick question- will an e.13 ls1 ISCG 05' (with adapter plate) work on a howitzer bb?

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
jake95 wrote:
quick question- will an e.13 ls1 ISCG 05' (with adapter plate) work on a howitzer bb?
Yes. Just squash adapter plate between frame and BB.

Posted: Sep 21, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
thanks for that mate

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
sorry for the thread bump, but cant seem to find the answer anywhere else.

i'm running a race face ride xc crank with the isis bb. it's a 22/32/44t but i removed the 44t chainring and im running a fsa bash guard that can cover up to a 34t.

anyway it's essentially this without the 44t, and an isis bb rather than the external bb that's pictured: Race Face Ride XC- heres another link to one on an ebay auction for however long the auction stays active for with a decent image of the drive size

heres the question- i'm trying to see if the black spire chain guide for bottom brackets will work with my crank and bottom bracket. this is the black spire: Black Spire BB Chain Guide

no iscg mounts so that's not an option

it's for a 2006 rocky mountain etsx-10 which can be seen here: 2006 ETSX-10

yes, i realize it's an XC frame, but with 5" rear travel and a fox 32 rlc, i ride it more like an AM, hence why i want to get a bit more tension on my chain

can anyone say for sure if this will work?

oh this is my first real post btw, so sorry for not introducing but i generally like to just read, hey all Beer

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
breezy85 wrote:
sorry for the thread bump, but cant seem to find the answer anywhere else.

i'm running a race face ride xc crank with the isis bb. it's a 22/32/44t but i removed the 44t chainring and im running a fsa bash guard that can cover up to a 34t.

anyway it's essentially this without the 44t, and an isis bb rather than the external bb that's pictured: Race Face Ride XC- heres another link to one on an ebay auction for however long the auction stays active for with a decent image of the drive size

heres the question- i'm trying to see if the black spire chain guide for bottom brackets will work with my crank and bottom bracket. this is the black spire: Black Spire BB Chain Guide

no iscg mounts so that's not an option

it's for a 2006 rocky mountain etsx-10 which can be seen here: 2006 ETSX-10

yes, i realize it's an XC frame, but with 5" rear travel and a fox 32 rlc, i ride it more like an AM, hence why i want to get a bit more tension on my chain

can anyone say for sure if this will work?

oh this is my first real post btw, so sorry for not introducing but i generally like to just read, hey all Beer
what about an e13 DRS then buy the bb mounting plate ? that should work

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018966
Mobile Version of Website