Powered by Outside

Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?
Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
My friends ran into Danny McCaskill riding Tamarancho. One of them ended up riding with him and his group.

That would be a little awkward for me - I wear his signature 5.10s - what if he wasn't? - horrors.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:
My friends ran into Danny McCaskill riding Tamarancho. One of them ended up riding with him and his group.

That would be a little awkward for me - I wear his signature 5.10s - what if he wasn't? - horrors.

He would have bought first round then....

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
wish i could run into minnar in santa cruz. i would ask him to sign my intense lol.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
Bey Bay area friends. We had a major theft, one of our fellow bay area riders had all of her bikes stolen in a single night in truckee. If you could all keep your eyes peeled for some very brightly colored banshee's around norcal. Call truckee PD if you have any sightings!

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
Bey Bay area friends. We had a major theft, one of our fellow bay area riders had all of her bikes stolen in a single night in truckee. If you could all keep your eyes peeled for some very brightly colored banshee's around norcal. Message me if you have any sightings!

photo

man that sux. will keep an eye out.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
IsaacO wrote:
Bey Bay area friends. We had a major theft, one of our fellow bay area riders had all of her bikes stolen in a single night in truckee. If you could all keep your eyes peeled for some very brightly colored banshee's around norcal. Message me if you have any sightings!

photo

man that sux. will keep an eye out.

F!@#$^N Hill-jackers! Will be on the lookout even though I'm coastal.....

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
Anyone in the South Bay area have recommendations on trails near Cupertino?

Maybe something west of San Jose? (Monte Bello, Sanborn, Castle Rock)

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 21:07 Quote
sbomb wrote:
Anyone in the South Bay area have recommendations on trails near Cupertino?

Maybe something west of San Jose? (Monte Bello, Sanborn, Castle Rock)

Fremont older is a good place to romp around after work.
Saratoga Gap is pretty cool.
Santa Teresa has awesome stuff.
Los Gatos has Jones, John Nicholas, and Dogmeat. All worth the trip out.
Sanborn is going to be really good after we get the bike park in there.
Stevens Canyon trail is awesome. Really fast and flows at the bottom. Good for a shuttle.

DM me if you want directions to the deep cuts. Privileged information gets picked up too fast on these forums.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 1:04 Quote
I need to people to ride with! I live in San Jose and currently can't drive, so I would have to meet me somewhere or hitch a ride. I'm new to Mtb and need to find new trails. Someone hit me up let's ride

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 6:03 Quote
JStumpy wrote:
I need to people to ride with! I live in San Jose and currently can't drive, so I would have to meet me somewhere or hitch a ride. I'm new to Mtb and need to find new trails. Someone hit me up let's ride
How old are you?

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:08 Quote
Anybody know of any good DH trails beside Carlmont and Pacifica??

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
https://www.change.org/p/provide-mountain-bike-specific-trail-access-in-california-state-parks/w?source_location=petition_show

Don't know if this will do anything, but cant hurt to try. Throw some signatures up , also FYI rangers supposedly ticketing in UC today.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
Bey Bay area friends. We had a major theft, one of our fellow bay area riders had all of her bikes stolen in a single night in truckee. If you could all keep your eyes peeled for some very brightly colored banshee's around norcal. Call truckee PD if you have any sightings!

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/bicycle-theft-ring-busted-four-arrested-in-truckee/466451930

Four brothers out of San Francisco were arrested for their believed participation in a bike theft ring in the Truckee area.

According to a press release from the Truckee Police Department, Jesus Gallardo, 25; Sergio Gallardo, 23; Martin Gallardo, 27; and Juan Carlos Gallardo, 29, were all charged with multiple counts of grand theft, criminal conspiracy, and possession of stolen property. The suspects were booked in the Truckee Jail each with a $750,000 bond.

The four men were arrested on Saturday, Aug. 19, during a traffic stop.

The dollar value of all the items taken from Truckee region is estimated to be in excess of $125,000.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
Dylanmit wrote:
Anybody know of any good DH trails beside Carlmont and Pacifica??
Lime Ridge is pretty good. I really miss somewhere with decent sized jumps though. Any recommendation, ideally close to East Bay?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010900
Mobile Version of Website