Powered by Outside

Cracked YT Capra

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
riccardoo wrote:
eastcoasthammerhead wrote:
Thanks man, It's not the end of the world. I'm riding a Transition now and love it. The reality is that equipment breaks, that doesn't really bother me it's the way that the US branch of YT handled it that does. Who knows, I've got a couple of buddies that ride Capras and love them, mine was probably an isolated incident.

LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Man, gutted for you, I would be just as pissed off if that had happened to me and sending out a new front end surely wouldnt have broken the bank at YT.
What they said when you refused the crash replacement ? Did they send you the frame with an hole ??

I think their QC is pretty variable.

I snapped 2 Capra's (not in the USA) and first time they replaced the whole frame (it split first couple weeks I had it).

Second frame snapped a stay clean, 5 minutes in to the first ride, caused a huge crash at a race I'd spent $1000's getting to. It was a known lay up issue with the batch, but I found out later despite knowing they didn't recall the batch. I was pretty upset, and was told they'd replace just the rear end, no more.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 5:37 Quote
Last post is from sept 2017... So does that mean the 2018 are good?! lol I have to sell and buy a new bike right now but didn't know I would have to so I don't have a lot of money right now and for the first time ever, I thought about buying an internet bike as they are pretty cheap.

They changed the capra for 2018 and it is lighter so I'm now really afraid after reading a couple of posts here... Maybe I should start with the 29 AL Comp and see what's going on with the 2018 carbon and maybe try to resell it at the end of the season without loosing to much money... I really wanted an alloy bike but would prefer a carbon model for the Capra as they have way nicer color (black and red is so 2015) and better components! Frown

I read some posts that were in USA or in Europe but what about Canada? Are they good or long wait, etc?

Thanks a lot guys!

*Oh yeah by the way I'm pretty sure that someone here talked about it but do they have a lifetime warranty or what!? The fact that they don't even mention it on their website is pretty weird...''

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 6:28 Quote
Timo82 wrote:
Last post is from sept 2017... So does that mean the 2018 are good?! lol I have to sell and buy a new bike right now but didn't know I would have to so I don't have a lot of money right now and for the first time ever, I thought about buying an internet bike as they are pretty cheap.

They changed the capra for 2018 and it is lighter so I'm now really afraid after reading a couple of posts here... Maybe I should start with the 29 AL Comp and see what's going on with the 2018 carbon and maybe try to resell it at the end of the season without loosing to much money... I really wanted an alloy bike but would prefer a carbon model for the Capra as they have way nicer color (black and red is so 2015) and better components! Frown

I read some posts that were in USA or in Europe but what about Canada? Are they good or long wait, etc?

Thanks a lot guys!

*Oh yeah by the way I'm pretty sure that someone here talked about it but do they have a lifetime warranty or what!? The fact that they don't even mention it on their website is pretty weird...''

Check out the YT Capra thread, this post is about 4-5 year old Capras, I ride a Jeffsy but haven’t seen any similar issues on the new Capras.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 20:23 Quote
Check out the YT Capra thread, this post is about 4-5 year old Capras, I ride a Jeffsy but haven’t seen any similar issues on the new Capras.[/Quote]

Ok cool, thank you!! Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
This is informative.

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/gear-4/topic/my-yt-canada-experience-130363/?unread=true

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
heinous wrote:
This is informative.

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/gear-4/topic/my-yt-canada-experience-130363/?unread=true

Wow, thank you very much, that was a good read!! Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008314
Mobile Version of Website