Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 21:31 Quote
JHPE911 wrote:
USMC wrote:
Nobble wrote:
have you tried any other guides?

I've had fit issues with e13 stuff before.

E13 MRP, Blackspire,

I have the exact same bike as you, and have the exact same problem. I contacted MRP after purchasing my G3, and they told me (since they are the only chain device supplier for Giant) that MRP makes custom guides for all Giant bikes, as none of their ISCG tabs, positions are "standard."
that's bullshit, I've had three different guides on my glory.

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 21:39 Quote
Nobble wrote:
JHPE911 wrote:
USMC wrote:

E13 MRP, Blackspire,

I have the exact same bike as you, and have the exact same problem. I contacted MRP after purchasing my G3, and they told me (since they are the only chain device supplier for Giant) that MRP makes custom guides for all Giant bikes, as none of their ISCG tabs, positions are "standard."

That was MRPs words, not mine. At least on the 2013 Reign X they're not.

In another email, Erik, from MRP said "The Giant Reign XO has ISCG tabs that are not clocked properly and we made the 2X guide that comes stock specifically to their clocking. You can modify the back plate on the G3 to fit if you would like."

Posted: Jun 3, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
USMC wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

This is a 32-36 e thirteen lg1 guide. 32t Narrow wide RF chain ring, it is clocked as far forward as it can without hitting the rear chain stay. Like this at full travel it can hit the upper guide. Its not right and giant says its fine. I got it a little better by adjusting the taco more but still has issues with the upper guide and hitting the chain stay with the lower guide.

You're not crazy dude! I had the same problem on my 2009 Reign X0.

E13 LG1+ in a 32t size with a 32t E13 ring. It would not rotate enough to fit properly. I swapped the guide for the 36-40t, the ring for a 36t. Swapped the cassette from 11-32 to 11-34 to not lose too much climb ability. Close enough that 10 min of filing the top guide a bit to relieve some chain rub but not exactly "perfect" which did not paly well with my OCD for quite some time. LOL But It pedals nice n quiet and I've not even come close to dropping a chain.

Posted: Jun 3, 2014 at 20:07 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:

You're not crazy dude! I had the same problem on my 2009 Reign X0.

E13 LG1+ in a 32t size with a 32t E13 ring. It would not rotate enough to fit properly. I swapped the guide for the 36-40t, the ring for a 36t. Swapped the cassette from 11-32 to 11-34 to not lose too much climb ability. Close enough that 10 min of filing the top guide a bit to relieve some chain rub but not exactly "perfect" which did not paly well with my OCD for quite some time. LOL But It pedals nice n quiet and I've not even come close to dropping a chain.

Heres what i came up with to fix it. Eliminates the need for the ISCG tabs.
photo

photo

Posted: Jun 3, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
Do you have the bottom two bolts in on the guide?

Posted: Jun 3, 2014 at 20:12 Quote
Yes all the bolts installed had to cut the bolts down for clearance though.

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 8:18 Quote
looks to me like you have the guide set at its narrowest, try taking the bottom guide off and re mounting it in the widest setting. my friend had a reign with that guide and had no problems with his!

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 8:24 Quote
kev-roberts wrote:
looks to me like you have the guide set at its narrowest, try taking the bottom guide off and re mounting it in the widest setting. my friend had a reign with that guide and had no problems with his!
did that already still did not work. The above is working fine. I found a bunch of forums with similar problems from all over. The ISCG tabs on the reign are clocked incorrectly. Not sure of other problems. I measured it out. Basically its an iscg tabs clocked to iscg05. So no matter what you do it will be off. I could get the lower guide better by adjusting the bash guard but the top was still way off. The suspension at travel would hit it. I talked with MRP as a previous post stated and they make a 2x guide for the reign x blocked for it. They do not make a 1x I would have to modify it. They confirmed the mounting tabs are wrong. Also that lg1 in that pic is at the widest setting. I changed it to the narrow setting which improved the lower engagement but the top was still way off

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
Nobble wrote:
JHPE911 wrote:
USMC wrote:

E13 MRP, Blackspire,

GLory is clocked correctly. Wel pulled one apart and the clocking on the glory is correct. Which is why you are not having an issue.

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 21:12 Quote
The "bullshit" was directed at the guy who said all giants are like that.

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
Nobble wrote:

No problem just wasn't sure

Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 18:28 Quote
Nobble wrote:

I should re-word that as it didnt come off very clear. "I have the exact same bike as you, and have the exact same problem. I contacted MRP after purchasing my G3, and they [Erik] told me (since they are the only chain device supplier for Giant) that MRP makes guides for all Giant bikes, (Quote) 'as none of their Reign X ISCG tab positions are "standard.'"

Sorry about the confusion

Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 2:54 Quote
My Giant Trance 275 2 on the right, with reverb, raceface 30t 1x10 and a Giant Fr stem. Smile

photo

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 7:31 Quote
photo
my new trance 1 27.5!
great bike love so far

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
My Reign 2013
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/29066/setup_checks/26066/photos/25791/s780_IMG_20140609_162255.jpg?1402400577
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/29066/setup_checks/26066/photos/25792/s1600_20140610_193855_1.jpg?1402400652

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016856
Mobile Version of Website