Powered by Outside

2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
are those dual ply dh casings or an exo mid weight? very light!!

Have a SG casing on the rear, and a Evo trail on the front.
Dan

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
Mounting hardware....

Can anyone tell me the size/specs for the rear shock mounting hardware for the 2015 Glory.

Was running the stock Vivid RC2 coil, but looking to move over to a DHX2 coil.

Might be the same size but I'd still like to know the specs.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Here we go! Just bought a "barn find" 2015 Giant Glory 0 from a rider in CO who rode it very little - looks like new and is bone stock. Hoping to get the bugs worked out over the winter and hit the trails in spring. Figure it'll need a service front and rear just from age, no? Also - anyone try the charger 2.1 damper in the Boxxer Team forks? Is that a must-do?

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
andersun16 wrote:
Here we go! Just bought a "barn find" 2015 Giant Glory 0 from a rider in CO who rode it very little - looks like new and is bone stock. Hoping to get the bugs worked out over the winter and hit the trails in spring. Figure it'll need a service front and rear just from age, no? Also - anyone try the charger 2.1 damper in the Boxxer Team forks? Is that a must-do?
can't answer about your boxer, but i'd get lowers serviced on fork and maybe even the rear shock mostly as a precaution if its not ridden set the wheels up tubeless. get the correct coil rate for yourself, maybe it already is too. go over every pivot with torque wrench. I love my glory

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
andersun16 wrote:

Pretty sure you can't fit the new Charge 2.1 damper in the Boxxer from 2015.

To service the bike I'd suggest...

Drop the lowers on the fork. Change the oil and dust seals. Easy.

Bleed the damper, which is very easy.

Send the rear shock in for a full service. Assuming its a Vivid RC2 coil. When serviced it feels pretty good, except they seem to have an annoying top out knock unless you over damp the rebound. I've killed my Vivid almost every year of riding my 2015 and needed a full rebuild. Its best to do preventative maintenance than experience a mid-season failure.

Pop the seals off the bearings and grease them up.

Clean up the headset cups and pop off the bearing seals and grease.

Stuff beyond frame and damper (drive train, brakes)... your call.

I'm still riding and totally digging my 2015 Glory. Its still going strong and I ride the p1ss out of it. It sees on average 2 or 3 full DH days per week, every week, all DH season. I've been on a few other DH rigs since owning this, including a nice V10 but still like the Glory best. I've got a few different rear shocks I now use. The fork was a World cup but didn't like the air spring and changed it to a coil which I prefer for both feel and durability/maintenance. This past season I put an Avy damper in the fork. Finally getting around to changing out the bearings this year.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
andersun16 wrote:
In addition to the other comments a useful upgrade (and not too expensive) would be the brakes. Get some Zee brakes with metal (not resin) brake pads, or even better trickstuff POWER+brake pads for Shimano. Also an adapter (shimano SM-MA-F203-P/PM) to run 203mm rotor in the back instead of the stock 180mm.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Probably Charger 2.1 can be upgraded in a boxxer team 2015 fork, the same 35 mm diameter of the stanchions make that possible.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
Talking to the suspension dudes in my local shop, apparently the 1st gen charger is built much better than the second one. I'm going to stick with the old charger

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Well this whole thread has been useless.... Go from top out issues to every thing else and don't answer anything about the main question about the top out

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 15:45 Quote
JamieDH988 wrote:
Well this whole thread has been useless.... Go from top out issues to every thing else and don't answer anything about the main question about the top out
vivid coil has bad top out. The air doesn't.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 2:23 Quote
Replaced my vivid coil with a DHX Rc4, that was a good swap, now I’m playing about with a X2, still have max volume spacers in it at the Mo or I bottom it out.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Danmcdan wrote:
Replaced my vivid coil with a DHX Rc4, that was a good swap, now I’m playing about with a X2, still have max volume spacers in it at the Mo or I bottom it out.
custom shims or porting needed. Did both on my vivid air

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
Can vouch for rc4 on the glory, can pick them up cheap and honestly feels better than my x2.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
My new rig!
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/T0qXXbB

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
Has anybody had problems with cracked giant glory 2016 aluminum frames? Just got a demo bike on sale, and whenever make turns at low speeds I hear a faint cracking noise. I’m not sure if it’s the maestro rear suspension bearings or the frame is just cracked in a place I can’t see it. I’ve had the bike for about a week and I’ve checked over the frame multiple times and I can’t find any cracks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010169
Mobile Version of Website